回複:details?

回答: please help with ghost for windows7nqos80512010-01-26 14:38:48

Thanks for your response.

The Ghost that I have (both 8.5 and 10) are on CD. I boot up the machine using the CD. Hence I think it is booted into DOS env. (I heard that you can create Ghost image using the later version while you are running the windows. But I never tried it yet.)

This new computer comes with a 300GB drive. But I have
shrunk the C drive to only 60GB. So Ghost 8.x should be able to handle thta since that what I did in the past.

It is interesting that you mentioned that you can use version 11 to create image for Win7. Are you positive about it? I just talked to the Norton tech support and they told me that any ghost version prior to 15 is not compatible with Win7? That sounds funny with your story. I read a blog explaining the reason of such incompatibility is caused by the Win7 creating a recover record which older version of Ghost does not recognize. That does make some sense.

I'n not sure about the 2gb limit for v8.2. Becuase I clearly used 8.0 for 3 years up to this point to do Ghost image creation upto about 20GB without any problem.

Also, I'm creating image on another logic drive, not DVD.

Still, I'm puzzled by while my ghost, during the boot up to DOS, wants to load the CD/DVD driver since I have already boot up from the CD driver. And I'm not creating an image no the CD. Can't understand that.
However, I do feel there is something fishy betweent the driver the ghost is loading and the actual CD/DVD on my new PC. Maybe I should try to put an old different CD/DVD known to be working to see if that makes any difference?

所有跟帖: 

DOS version Ghost works! -wooddiy- 給 wooddiy 發送悄悄話 wooddiy 的博客首頁 (917 bytes) () 01/27/2010 postreply 07:52:21

On my 2nd thought, I don't use links -wooddiy- 給 wooddiy 發送悄悄話 wooddiy 的博客首頁 (130 bytes) () 01/27/2010 postreply 08:13:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!