zilla這個英文單詞聽有意思的本身, (圖)

來源: !? 2008-06-07 20:51:51 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3302 bytes)

[英文] Zilla - 無限擴大的怪獸世界 莫吉拉火狐狸已經快要取代網際網路探險家成為我最愛的瀏覽器,還生出了聊天吉拉,新的專案改用蟲吉拉記錄問題,FTP 用檔案吉拉架設,另外上網一找還有購物吉拉、約會吉拉、測驗吉拉..... 這些字眼當然跟大鬧紐約的怪獸哥吉拉脫不了關係,哥吉拉外表恐怖個性殘酷,卻在全球各地大受歡迎。日本名字叫做 Gojira,英文名字叫做 Godzilla,到底是從 Gojira 變成 Godzilla,還是從 Godzilla 變成 Gojira? 英文名字聽起來自然響亮,誰能超越 God,多麼偉大的感覺,哥吉拉在怪獸界的聲譽無他怪能夠動搖,所以牠的尾巴 zilla 加到別的字上,就能代表同類中最大最邪惡最壞的冠軍。 也有人認為日文的 j-r 字音組合不如英文的 z-l 組合來得響亮,而且加個 d 比單純的 Gozilla 更好聽,因為 dz 合起來發音類似國語注音裡的 ㄗ,很有怪獸嘶嘶作響嚇人的味道,而且 d 和 z 發音的位置都在口腔的前麵。 上麵的吉拉幾乎都是單音節加上 zilla 組合成一個字,Word-zilla 的作者提出了好幾個,還引用 Wordspy 上的 bridezilla,指在規劃婚禮的過程中變得非常自私貪婪討厭的準新娘。 另外 Word-zilla 的作者也指出,英文裡可以用特定的字尾表示比較小的事物,一般的狗是 dog,小狗就是 doggy,可是卻沒有增大的字尾,現在就可以用 -zilla 來表達這種意思。比如說 dog - dogzilla,聽起來是隻比 101 大樓還要高的狗 (如果哥吉拉來台灣,當然要以 101 為攻擊目標 XD)。 IE is bygone and my favourite browser now is Mozilla Firefox. There is a site called Chatzilla. We record the bugs of a new project inBugzilla and set up FTP with Filezilla. I also found Shopzilla, Datezilla and Quizilla online. Where are the words from? The first one comes to my mind is Godzilla, the monster that invades New York. Godzilla is ugly and brutal, but has fans all over the world. His Japanese name is Gojira. Which one came first? Gojira or Godzilla? The English name is powerful. A monster with the power of God. I've seen a programme in which Godzilla defeats all the other monsters and wins the championship in the monster world. His tail zilla seems to carry the power of making something the evilest and the baddest in its kind. Some people said the combination of j-r in Japanese is not as powerful as z-l in English. Adding a d makes it sound like /z/ in Mandarin, reminiscent of the hissing of reptiles. On the other hand, d and z are allophones, thus strengthening the syllable. The zilla words are usually combined with a single-syllable word with -zilla. The author of Word-zilla lists some good ones, and I found bridezilla very funny. It refers to a bride-to-be who becomes very selfish, greedy and obnoxious while planning the wedding. On the other hand, the author of Word-zilla points out some special suffixes in English denote a sense of being smaller. But there has not been a suffix to make things bigger til '-zilla' appeared. So a smaller dog is 'doggy' and a big dog is 'dogzilla', which sounds like a dog taller than the 101 building in Taipei (If dogzilla attacks Taipei, of course he'd target the highest building here). I tried some words on Google: Bosszilla - apart from boss in the office, it is also an application sweetzilla - many meanings Hogzilla - a legendary big hog found in the States Transzilla - Artificial monster
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”