Ubuntu 7.10 的10個缺點 zt

來源: !? 2007-10-25 07:16:56 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3715 bytes)

10 flaws in Ubuntu 7.10

So I have been running Ubuntu 7.10 on one of my desktops for a while now, and I have to say that generally speaking I’m satisfied with what it has to offer. But with that said I have experienced a couple of minor things that are missing or that I feel don’t work as I want.

This is not a post where I want to throw dirt on ubuntu but more of a feedback kind of thing to share what I have experienced, after a post where I presented what great things this version has to offer it just feels natural to also present the other side as well.

Let’s begin then, there will not be a list I’ll just present them as I go.

The Java support that comes with the installation is just pure crap in my opinion, too many problems and well it just doesn’t work for me. Instead I have to install Sun’s JRE to get rid of the problems. Hopefully this issue will vanish once OpenJDK is fully functional and 100% finished.

The file manager that opens up when you want to open a file or upload a file on a website cannot display thumbnails. This may not be an issue you reading might think of as something a person would bother with. Sure but let’s face it, if you want to upload a picture locating it by viewing the thumbnails is much faster than first find it remembering the name then selecting it.
The regular file manager has this feature and I would like to see it in the other one as well.

You cannot get your Wacom-tablets without going into xorg.conf and set it up manually. They really should develop a graphical interface where you can set your settings for it and not have to relay on spending some time in the command line. This is something they should do primarily for new users and as a plus it will be less hassle for the rest of us too.

When you install drivers for your graphics card, you don’t get the administrative tool for it installed automatically. You have to install it separately. If you have Nvidia the package is called nvidia-settings. Also after you install it, it’s not put into the menu and you have to start it through the command line or add it to the menu yourself.

When you have twin monitors, the 3D desktop Compiz Fusion is turned on automatically, which might not be something you want. Apparently this will be sorted out in their next version.

The package compizconfig-settings-manager that you need to get all the effects has to be installed manually. I think that this should come with the installation.

You cannot navigate through the menu only by using the “hot/fast” keys without using the arrow keys. It should be possible to open the menu and jump to different options by pressing the first letter of them. This doesn’t work as it should you have to open the menu navigate with the arrow keys then you can press the first letter. Both Gnome and KDE has problems with this.

The support for playing DVD movies cannot be downloaded from the regular repositories, you have to add a separate source, which a new user could find as something tricky.

The fonts aren’t consistant, you have one type of font in gnome another type in openoffice and a third in for example virtualbox. This might not seem as a problem for you, but I would really want to see a consistent font base throughout the desktop environment.

A part from those issues which I can live with I still have to add that Ubuntu 7.10 feels as a good and stable version and I’m thinking of running it on all my desktops. And this problems are more of creating a better and easier environment for new users which I still think is an important issue, hence this post.

source: LinuxWorld.idg.se
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”