是嗎?

來源: ohlalala 2006-10-13 09:04:31 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3508 bytes)
回答: 是DELL不行,還是MM們不會用?ohlalala2006-10-13 05:10:56
俺有五台DELL了,兩台SERVER,三台LAPTOP. 從1999年到現在,碰到的問題和解決方案如下:

1. laptop battery
One laptop, its battery can only last for one hour after 11 months. Boot the pc into BIOS and monitored the battery status, meanwhile, called Dell support and explained what the problem is and what I was doing while the Indian guy's on the phone. Got a brand new battery back in one week.

2. laptop fan problem
On one Inspiron 6000, the fan is noisy. Fixed it using a kernel module available on web. Posted the following solution in a Linux forum.

How to fix the fan problem in Dell Inspiron laptops

Dell Inspiron laptops (model 8200 and 6000 at least) have a fan control problem. The fan always rotates in low speed even the laptop is just started. This not only makes the PC noisy, but also consumes a lot of power, especially when running on the battery.

A kernel module, i8k along with other utilities are developed from DIEFER.DE (http://www.diefer.de/indexe.html) to monitor the CPU temperature and to control the fan rotation. It requires Linux kernel 2.4.14 or later version and should not be a problem since almost all Linux distributions are running 2.4.31 (Slackware 10.2) or later now.

This document is intended as a step-by-step instruction on how to configure and use i8k in a Dell Inspiron laptop running Ubuntu 5.10.

1.Install i8k driver and utilities
Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for i8k. Install i8kutils and gkrellm-i8k.

2.Configure Ubuntu to load the module automatically when booting.
Add i8k in /etc/modules. In /etc/modprobe.d, create a file i8k and add this line in it.
options i8k force=1
For some reason, you have to force the kernel to load it in Ubuntu. After reboot, you can check either /var/log/messages or /proc to see if i8k is automatically loaded.

3.Monitor the CPU temperature and control the fan rotation
You can monitor the CPU speed and control the fan rotation by either gkrellm or i8kmon.
. gkrellm
Start gkrellm from Applications->System Tool. Right click the fan section to configure the temperatures you want to control the fans on both AC and battery mode. This utility monitors the CPU temperature. When it reaches the configured watermark, it turns the fan on and off. The only problem is that you have to keep it on your desktop. I prefer the other utility, i8kmon.
. i8kmon
i8kmon also monitors the CPU temperature and controls the fan rotation. The difference between i8kmon and gkrellm is that i8kmon can be configured to run as a daemon in background. The configuration for i8kmon is in /etc/i8kmon. Check i8kmon man page for details about the configuration. Here below is mine.
set config(0) {{0 0} -1 50 -1 55}
set config(1) {{0 1} 40 60 45 65}
set config(2) {{1 2} 50 70 55 75}
set config(3) {{2 2} 60 128 65 128}
It says when the CPU temperature reaches 50 on AC and 55 on battery, turn the right fan on in low speed, when the CPU temperature drops to 40 on AC and 45 on battery, turn the right fan off. You can read the rest. Add "/usr/bin/i8kmon -a -d" in Systems->Preferences->Sessions to allow GNOME to automatically load i8kmon in auto and daemon mode when GNOME starts.
. /proc/i8k and i8kctl
You can also monitor the CPU temperature and the fan status from /proc/i8k or i8kctl. For the format of output, check the man page of i8kctl. You can manually turn your fans on and off by i8kctl from command line.

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”