Topic of the Century --- Ding !

Thank you for rising this topic.
I've run into this topic many times these years and have learned a great lot insights from many  老中 friends.

Based on the collection of these insights & my own observations, the key diffs btw 老中 & 老印 are:
1. English --- which is the main academic, business, and social language in US;
2. Understanding of the western culture (the "main stream" culture in US) and the way to cope with it (basically survive-->adapt-->strive);
3. Ownership attitude toward the Communities & Society;

Actually, 老印 did way better than most other new immigrant ethnic groups.

my Todo List:

0. Never 把自己當外人. This country welcomes our immigration and expect us to contribute. Please appriciate the Country and come on in;
1. learn/brush up English;
2. learn from other ethnic groups, particularly from Jewish community;
3. be good citizens; vote as more & actively as possible; ( "The Ballot or The Bullet" -- Malcolm X )
4. take the Ownership of our communities & society; join in all the community/school/social activities & decision making processes;
5. united and help each other ( e.g. "irish help irish", "jewish help jewish" );
6. avoid conflicts btw different Chinese sub-Ethnic groups ( e.g. mainlander .vs. "taiwanese" );
7. have more kids when possible. it would be best to have 3~4 kid for each family. 
    Man power is even more important than Gold power, especially for the long run; ( "money talks, man talks more and always; Gold rules, Man rules more and always" --- zhu_charlie )
   current situation: --- most 老中 families have 1~2 kids (1.7 on average); while most 老印 families have 2~3 kids; many Jewish families have and encouraged to have 3 kids, The average kids in US is 2.3 per family;
8. encourage relatives to come, stay, and contribute to the Country;
9. be confident. nobody can really play us down when we are self-confident;

老中's are smart, fit, hardworking, cultural-rich.
We 老中's are very promising people. We 老中's  Will Prevail !

所有跟帖: 

回複:Topic of the Century --- Ding ! -衣冠秦獸- 給 衣冠秦獸 發送悄悄話 (10 bytes) () 05/05/2013 postreply 00:28:10

Ding:English-culture-Ownership with one extra: self semi-slave a -halfdummy- 給 halfdummy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2013 postreply 08:19:08

self semi-slave attitude -halfdummy- 給 halfdummy 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/05/2013 postreply 08:20:17

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!