回小刀教授 - Iraq war puts Junior on the wall of shame.

來源: Warsteiner 2012-10-06 10:45:22 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1482 bytes)
We are not talking about economy, which goes in cycle. We are not talking about government spending, which increases every year. We are not talking about charisma, intelligence, determination all kinds of "qualities", which are totally subjective.

We are talking about a full go-out, regime-change, war, based on FALSE premise/accusation. You can always spin it as a result of shaky intern, noble cause, or strategic long-term goal, but it was a major blow to the credibility of US, as a country. It hurts the economy and confidence in the government. It escalates the hostility between two-parties. Those are what hurt US the most in the long haul.

It was a war led by an intention - that's the most dangerous part. Bush wanted this war, so non-conclusive or even just remotely related intern was shaped to serve the goal. There is nothing democratic about it, and that's where the real threat lies in. As I argued with Americans, Patriot Act was an act of diminishing in value. That's how police state gets started.

After 911, most countries with influences (except for China) had their front pages of major newspapers in black, "We are New Yorkers". Afghanistan War was a justified revenge, had most countries behind it. Iraq War OTOH, was not even supported by Canada.

One has to know his boundary; otherwise, he will put himself and those close to him in harms way. If that person happens to be the command in chief of the most powerful country, we had Iraq War.

所有跟帖: 

布什發動愚蠢的伊戰,和當時共和黨全麵執政以及共和黨的好戰特點也很有關係。 -xinhua- 給 xinhua 發送悄悄話 xinhua 的博客首頁 (57 bytes) () 10/06/2012 postreply 11:16:45

共和黨民主黨現在都很爛,但是我情願把錢糟蹋在健保上也不給軍火商。 -i751- 給 i751 發送悄悄話 i751 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2012 postreply 11:22:51

同意,盡管我還有不少軍火商的股票, -xinhua- 給 xinhua 發送悄悄話 xinhua 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 10/06/2012 postreply 11:26:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”