給你看看這篇文章

來源: LWHHWL 2012-08-01 20:17:53 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2951 bytes)

he Canadian Press

Date: Thursday Dec. 8, 2011 8:13 AM ET

Canadian figure skating star Patrick Chan says he feels unappreciated in his home country and is becoming increasingly drawn to his Chinese heritage.

In an phone interview with Reuters prior to the Grand Prix Final in Quebec City, the world champion said the Chinese government is proud of its figure skaters, while the sport is overshadowed by hockey's popularity in Canada.

"Sometimes I feel we are not appreciated for how much work we put in," Chan said. "If my parents hadn't emigrated from China and say I had skated for China, things would have been very different. My parents wouldn't have had to make as much sacrifices as they have and there would be a lot more respect for what we do as figure skaters."

Chan said he has started to feel more Chinese because of the support he gets from the Chinese community in Canada. He said he would have liked to represent both China and Canada in competition.

"That would be the ideal situation ... in a perfect world," he said.

Skate Canada did not immediately respond to an email from The Canadian Press seeking comment.

joe canada

said

8 0

You like China so much move there. Then you will appreciate Canada more. I don't watch hockey but it is our national sport, so it gets the most coverage. Any athlete participating in the Olympics or world championships should have to LIVE in the country they want to represent. Canada is not just your convenience country.

Eli

said

0 0

Patrick Chan, I love you and what you do! I have followed your career as a proud Canadian since the first time I saw you skate! Please know that regardless of your feelings, things in Canada are much better for you and your family than id you were in China. You do not know that if you did grow up in China, you may not have ever had the opportunity to skate. Please know Canadians are VERY proud of what you do.

CraigW

said

5 0

If he feels unappreciated about the thousands of dollars used to help support him, paid for by canadians, he can always leave.

Josh

said

11 0

Really? He thinks that saying something like this is going to change people so that he gets his childish need for constant approval?If that's not an example of sinful pride I don't know what is. If he thinks that threatning to move to China is going to change anything, he is greatly mistaken.

Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111208/canada-skater-patrick-chan-feels-unappreciated-111208/#ixzz1fx9fkssr

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”