好樣的HBG!

來源: 老看客 2012-02-18 18:56:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (4942 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 老看客 ] 在 2012-02-18 19:04:21 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

美國毫無疑問是當今世界上種族歧視最少的國家之一。委是如此,種族歧視的語言還是時有出現,種族歧視的行為還是時有發生。比如,今天淩晨ESPN網站在評論林書豪時出現了"Chink in the Armor" 這樣的標題。大家都知道,Chink或Chinaman都是明顯帶侮辱性的詞,與稱呼黑人為Negro的嚴重程度差不多。

盡管ESPN.com在幾十分鍾後就摘去了這個標題,並且已就此事公開道歉了兩次,但美國華人社會依然有必要對此類現象強烈地說“不”。一方麵,美國的法律嚴格禁止一切形式的種族歧視,保障種族平等、族群和諧;另一方麵,作為我們這樣的少數族群的亞裔、華裔,適時、適當地發出自己的聲音尤其重要。最起碼,這與我們努力工作、為社會貢獻聰明才智是同等重要的。

下麵所轉的是WXC網友Francine MM給ESPN寫的信以及ESPN給她的回信。

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

ZT:我給ESPN.com領導寫的信

來源: Francine 於 2012-02-18 13:23:19 

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/sports/363679.html

我剛給ESPN.com的Senior VP and GM Mr. John Kosner發了下麵的email,並同時cc給了他們的Public Relation Department.

John Kosner email: john.kosner@espn.com

PR Department email: espnpr@espn.com

同學們如果對歧視有意見,請直接給肇事部門提意見,這樣會更productive,在這裏討論當然好,但是起不到社會效果。寫這樣的信或許有效果或許沒效果,但是不寫肯定沒效果。

發帖後筆記:espnpr@espn.com好像不是一個好的去處,如果大家想提意見除了Kosner的email,還是去試一下以下的feedback網頁:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=2826900

------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Kosner,

As an avid fan of ESPN and sports, and a member of the Chinese-American community, I am writing to you to respectfully request the removal from posts at ESPN of the writer, editor and those involved in the racial slur incident occurred in the early morning of February 18, 2012.  I appreciate the action ESPN has taken, namely, the removal of the Chink in the Armor headline and the ensuing apology.  However, the removal from ESPN of those involved needs to be the next step in order to restore ESPN’s reputation. 

ESPN is more than the Worldwide Leader in Sports.  ESPN is also looked up to for the professional standards that it sets.  Indeed, as one of the most successful sports networks, ESPN should be and is held to the highest professional standards.  Racial slurs have no place in any professional setting, let alone a socially influential giant such as ESPN. 

I, along with millions of Chinese-Americans, look forward to your prompt action in this matter.  Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Francine

Full Name

Title

Address

------------------------------------------------------

John Kosner的回信

來源: Francine 於 2012-02-18 15:26:58 

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/sports/363709.html

回答: 我給ESPN.com領導寫的信 由 Francine 於 2012-02-18 13:23:19

Francine,

Thanks for your input. Please know that these incidents are absolutely unacceptable to us, and we will take appropriate action concerning the individuals responsible, once a considered process is fully executed. It just takes some time to make sure the results of our actions are comprehensive and accurate.

Sincerely, 

John K

------------------------------------------------

My response:

Dear John,

I thank you for your prompt attention.  I trust you will continue to hold the highest professional standards at ESPN.   

Enjoy the weekend!

Best regards,

Francine

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

附:statement from ESPN.com

來源: chroot 於 2012-02-18 16:23:41 

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/sports/363727.html

回答: 我給ESPN.com領導寫的信 由 Francine 於 2012-02-18 13:23:19

"Last night, ESPN.com’s mobile web site posted an offensive headline referencing Jeremy Lin at 2:30 am ET. The headline was removed at 3:05 am ET. We are conducting a complete review of our cross-platform editorial procedures and are determining appropriate disciplinary action to ensure this does not happen again. We regret and apologize for this mistake."

所有跟帖: 

你還是承認這個女HBG很牛,對吧! -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (67 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 19:12:25

我剛剛也寄了封信。。。。to Mr. John Kosner -lilipp- 給 lilipp 發送悄悄話 lilipp 的博客首頁 (90 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 20:37:17

小Q, 你也寄封信,支持一下小林。坐坐樣子他也要做阿,需要有聲音,這是美國way -lilipp- 給 lilipp 發送悄悄話 lilipp 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 20:42:54

lili好!很久不見。你說得對,有什麽就說出來,這是美國way。 -老看客- 給 老看客 發送悄悄話 老看客 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/18/2012 postreply 20:51:16

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”