回複:Kent State shootings From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

來源: qinjin 2014-06-02 07:29:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2514 bytes)
回答: 肯特事件幾時平反啊?勿來三2014-06-02 07:23:00

Legal action against the guardsmen and others

Eight of the guardsmen were indicted by a grand jury. The guardsmen claimed to have fired in self-defense, a claim that was generally accepted by the criminal justice system. In 1974 U.S. District Judge Frank Battisti dismissed charges against all eight on the basis that the prosecution's case was too weak to warrant a trial.[8]

Larry Shafer, a guardsman who said he fired during the shootings and was one of those charged, told the Kent-Ravenna Record-Courier newspaper in May 2007: "I never heard any command to fire. That's all I can say on that." Shafer—a Ravenna city councilman and former fire chief—went on to say, "That's not to say there may not have been, but with all the racket and noise, I don't know how anyone could have heard anything that day." Shafer also went on to say that "point" would not have been part of a proper command to open fire.

Civil actions were also attempted against the guardsmen, the State of Ohio, and the president of Kent State. The federal court civil action for wrongful death and injury, brought by the victims and their families against Governor Rhodes, the President of Kent State, and the National Guardsmen, resulted in unanimous verdicts for all defendants on all claims after an eleven-week trial.[48] The judgment on those verdicts was reversed by the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on the ground that the federal trial judge had mishandled an out-of-court threat against a juror. On remand, the civil case was settled in return for payment of a total of $675,000 to all plaintiffs by the State of Ohio[49] (explained by the State as the estimated cost of defense) and the defendants' agreement to state publicly that they regretted what had happened:

所有跟帖: 

六四誰開的槍,誰的命令,為什麽開槍,開了幾槍,打死幾個,打傷幾個,根本一抹黑。那麽正確,掩蓋什麽? -大號螞蟻- 給 大號螞蟻 發送悄悄話 大號螞蟻 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 07:33:32

誰的命令 --- 中央軍委以鄧為首的集體的決定。 -相對強度- 給 相對強度 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 07:37:02

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”