Don't you know how to Google?, don't yell for help, help yoursel

回答: anyone? please help!blueLopez2014-06-24 19:07:31

Dpn't tell me you can't read English.

When operating normally your VTM-4 light means the vehicle is in traction control mode. HOWEVER, if the light just came on when you were driving it is an indication that you have a problem with the engine that is causing the VTM system to think the vehicle is in traction control mode because of a loss of engine power or misfire.

Here's how that happens: on a Honda, the way the vehicle restores traction is by reducing engine power to the point where the wheels don't spin as fast and thereby restores traction to a slipping wheel (slipping wheels spin faster than the other wheels). Conversely, when there is a reduction in engine power that is abnormal, the VTM system "thinks" that the engine power is being reduced to restore traction and it triggers the light.

In almost all cases, the light is being triggered by an idle speed control valve malfunction or in some cases by an EGR valve malfunction. It may or may not turn on the check engine light. This problem was fairly common on Pilots in 2004 and 2005 but certainly isn't limited to just those years.

Take the car to a Honda dealer or to a mechanic and have them check for stored codes in your powertrain control module. I think you're going to find that there is a code for an idle speed control valve malfunction or an EGR valve malfunction. The idle speed control valve is warranted for 8 years or 80,000 miles; the EGR for 3 years or 50,000 miles. Your Pilot is probably still in warranty and if so the repairs would be made at no charge

所有跟帖: 

thank you! I'll call dealer, this is 2011 Honda Pilot -blueLopez- 給 blueLopez 發送悄悄話 blueLopez 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/24/2014 postreply 19:54:37

Good man! -我胡說八道- 給 我胡說八道 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2014 postreply 05:23:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!