Brake fluid fluid

來源: LaoWong 2012-05-25 15:03:10 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1715 bytes)
回答: 再問cylinder and flush, 多謝!chinomango2012-05-25 14:24:42

I have done it on my Lexus it should be very similar.

1. suck out brake fluid from brake fluid resevior (use a baby feeding tube);

2. pour fresh fluid (make sure it's right DOT#, use sythetic when possible) into brake fluid resevior, note that fresh brake fluid is lighter!

3. Now jack up rear passenger side, take off wheel, find the bleed nipple, turn to open the nipple.  I put a plastic tube on the nipple that lead to a drain bottle;

4. Get into the car and on a Toyota you may have to start the car.  Make sure you have parking brake engaged!

5. Pump brake many times.  You'll see stale fluid and air bubble coming out. Check brake fluid resevior and add fresh fluid along the way;

6. Check rear passenger side nipple.  When you see fresh fluid coming out (lighter color!) turn to tighten the nipple.  Turn car off! Make sure NO AIR BUBBLE coming out as this is your problem with sagging brake peddle.  Put wheel back on.  Lower the jack.  You are done with this wheel.

7. Now proceed to the next wheel.  Remember you want to start from the wheel farthest from the engine and move to the closest.  Everything else is exactly the same.

8. After finishing all wheels, check fluid level.  Put things back and test drive.  REMEMBER PUMP BRAKE SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE start driving!  Make sure brakes are firm before driving.  Reason is after bleeding/flushing the system is not pressurized and so that brakes are not engaged, this may cause accidents!

9. Check your reseviour one more time to make sure brake fluid level is correct.

所有跟帖: 

thanks a lot, but why I need to start car? will suck lead to -chinomango- 給 chinomango 發送悄悄話 chinomango 的博客首頁 (119 bytes) () 05/25/2012 postreply 22:52:00

I need to start Lexus to get the pump working -LaoWong- 給 LaoWong 發送悄悄話 LaoWong 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/26/2012 postreply 11:54:29

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”