ask for opinion about tires

來源: bjz2007 2012-04-30 13:15:15 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1305 bytes)

question about TPMS  ( Tire Presure Monitoring System ) when replacing 4 tires.   Can you help to share your advice whether TPMS is required or not ?   Thx in advance.

I looked at Discount Tire website.  It says my camry is TPMS equipped.  Hence,  it is recommended to replace the TPMS when replacing the 4 tires.   The TPMS Rebuild kit costs $10/each tire at Discount Tire ,  description included :  

TPMS Rebuild Kits

The vehicle you entered is equipped with a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). Each wheel has a sensor installed that monitors the air pressure within the tire and alerts you when the air pressure is low.   When replacing tires on a TPMS equipped vehicle, it is recommended to replace the components of the sensor that are susceptible to wear and corrosion from the elements. Our TPMS Rebuild Kits contain all the necessary components for replacement. 

The Discount Tire price includes free standard valve stem.   However,   due to my car equipped with TPMS,  the website information includes a warning msg : Using standard valve stem parts in your TPMS Sensor will damage the sensor.

所有跟帖: 

看車況,看地區。 -滿地找牙- 給 滿地找牙 發送悄悄話 滿地找牙 的博客首頁 (291 bytes) () 04/30/2012 postreply 16:47:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”