tips for roadside service

來源: jennylin 2011-11-10 08:21:24 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1326 bytes)

en, I really can not understand the ”小費潛規則“ in US.  This morning, our 2004 Honda Oddesey could not start, since the light inside was left on overnight undeliberately. My hu*****and's car is right beside it and we have a 3.8meter long jumping cable.  But he rushed out to his work and left me with a number for paid-service.  I called the number and a guy came in, hook the cable with his charger and I started the car.  Then he left after this 2min on site service.  Now I am leaving it run for 30 mins.

What puzzled me a bit at the end was that before he left, he talked with me "I am anticipating to get tip from you".  I paid more than $50 to let him drive to my home and jump the car, then I have to pay the tip as well? I probably should pay $5 as the 10% of the service, but he really just did hooking it up and that's it.  I should have just asked my neighbors (I was concerned if the cable is long enough).  Anyway, I paid him $3.  I was not happy now, because for the ”小費潛規則“, I should paid him more probably.  But I was shocked when is asked for tip face to face.  I think paying tip is a courtesy and handled with grace.

Would you please teach me more about roadside service "tip rules"?  Thanks!

所有跟帖: 

you are fine i guess - although I have never used AAA or somethi -internuts- 給 internuts 發送悄悄話 internuts 的博客首頁 (423 bytes) () 11/10/2011 postreply 08:42:11

en, thank you very much. I'm bothered bt myself: hard to just le -jennylin- 給 jennylin 發送悄悄話 jennylin 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2011 postreply 10:04:28

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”