What did the expert say about this

來源: TYM 2010-02-06 20:43:53 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1386 bytes)
I talked to an expert about this, and here is what he said:

-Do you understand that the difference is small, just look very dramatic in that spot and people are making a bigger and bigger deal than the real difference is?

- It just hit Highlander's limit, which is not much lower than other cars.

- Make that slope 5% steeper then no one can get up
Make that slope 5% gentler or pack the dirt just a little bit, then the Highlander can go up too

- It's just not a big enough difference to say that something is WRONG about the Highlander

- And with that many offroad experience I have, there is really nothing that even an evil car company can try to do (save money here and there...) to make a car that much different for this kind of hill climb.

- As far as sedan goes, like I said, only the ground clearance is negative. Every other aspects of a sedan actually make it go up easier:
power to weight ratio is usually better
Center of gravity is lower means less weight transfer to the back
And usually sedan has more front weight bias even in static conditions because the SUV's usually has more stuff in the back (huge trunk, 3rd row seats...)

- So until the whole Chinese driver population goes and digs two tracks 1ft deep, the sedans can actually go up better -- contrary to popular belief.

- Spread my word

所有跟帖: 

he can claim whatever himself is, but he is not an expert -xavet- 給 xavet 發送悄悄話 (645 bytes) () 02/07/2010 postreply 05:46:44

SUV not equal to off-road -TYM- 給 TYM 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/07/2010 postreply 07:59:00

Did I say SUV equals off-road -xavet- 給 xavet 發送悄悄話 (29 bytes) () 02/07/2010 postreply 11:03:08

chances are you are driving a vehicle with their software inside -TYM- 給 TYM 發送悄悄話 (94 bytes) () 02/07/2010 postreply 08:24:34

Like the software decides to have a non-stop running? -xavet- 給 xavet 發送悄悄話 (25 bytes) () 02/07/2010 postreply 11:02:25

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”