Thanks for the info. Here is one onwer's experience.

Jan 21 2009, 05:18 PM Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3821
Toyota Model: 2008 Avalon

In Sept of 2008 I purchased my first toyota ever it was a 2008 Avalon Limited. I am not a mechanic so I need help to understand what may be causing my problem. Unlike the older Avalon’s my car for some unknown when I was accelerating to the spend limit of 25 miles per hour the accelerator went to the floor. I reached speeds of 85 to 90 miles per hour. I tried using my brakes that only caused the back end of my car to skid out of control. I tried to shift car to neutral but gear shift would not respond. I was to a point looking for some place to crash my car but decided to hit gear shift 1 more time, which it finally responed to neutral. The accelerator was still stuck to the floor my car smelled of smoke I thought was going to catch fire. I stomped on gas pedal as hard as I could and car went to normal. I drove the car home slowly and on Monday Nov 10th I had the car towed to the dealership where it still sits. We are scheduled for arbitration on Thursday Jan 22. I know for a fact that it was not the floor mats in the car that’s what Toyota want to blame it on. Something is wrong with this car, I have been researching the NHTSA site and other people with 06, 07 and 08 are having the same problem. I no longer feel safe to drive this car.

所有跟帖: 

Hear what toyota's saying (which I don't believe that is the tru -iammadaboutu- 給 iammadaboutu 發送悄悄話 iammadaboutu 的博客首頁 (2115 bytes) () 09/17/2009 postreply 13:45:33

Hear what toyota's saying (which I don't believe that is the tru -iammadaboutu- 給 iammadaboutu 發送悄悄話 iammadaboutu 的博客首頁 (1570 bytes) () 09/17/2009 postreply 13:47:38

PLEASE DELETE THIS ONE. It did not come out right..sorry. -iammadaboutu- 給 iammadaboutu 發送悄悄話 iammadaboutu 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/17/2009 postreply 13:48:28

You're welcome. Agree with you. -thinner- 給 thinner 發送悄悄話 (64 bytes) () 09/17/2009 postreply 15:16:11

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!