長周末愉快, 各位大拿, BUT..My story goes like this

來源: cire622 2009-09-05 08:08:51 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2127 bytes)
I will try to have a great weekend but my old buddy 96'Accord EX sedan won't let me. However, it quit working in my garage (it won't start) this past Monday or so and I looked at the symptom that the battery power was gone completely. First thing first, I jump-started it with my other little car and it worked right away. So I thought it might be that the battery was accidentally drained completely and it would be OK if I let the car idle for 15~20 minutes then shut the engine off, so I would have some power restored in the batter.
To my surprise, the old battery was as dead as 30minutes ago, then I thought the battery might be bad: the battery label showed that the original purchase date on it was Nov. 01. So I changed that battery immediately with another one from Sam's Club at 640 CCA rating. Before that I checked the alternator output voltage and got 14.2V on the cigarette socket. So I let my college son drive it normally until Thursday evening when I received his call that the damn car is dead again as he was about to come home. I went to school parking lot with a cable to started the car as other day. It was just as easy as finger snapping. I went to work on my bicycle and my son used the other car on Friday. Now it's the long weekend and I can only wait till next Tuesday for a repair shop locally, since I am not able to diagnosis on such a problem.

Up to this point the car is driving fine once it's fired up; and the alternator seemed working perfectly also, by checking the voltage (14.2) and turning the headlights on along with the high beams. My last time in the car this morning after I started the car with a jumper cable, I noticed that the ABS light came on. Also some times the ABS light blinks with some low clicking sound from behind the glove box. Once that sound starts, the voltage meter would run into an error status so no voltage display but the error codes.

This is how much I can think of and if any of our friends on this board can throw out some ideas or suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy your labor day long weekend first

所有跟帖: 

Check the fuseable links and check the auto shutdown relay. -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 13:23:27

回複:Check the fuseable links and check the auto shutdown relay. -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (237 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 15:31:16

The auto shutdown relay was in a plastic under hood relay box at -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (402 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 16:54:18

回複:The auto shutdown relay was in a plastic under hood relay box -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (272 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 18:26:55

回複:Check the fuseable links and check the auto shutdown relay. -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (87 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 16:44:43

The voltage output is 14.2 seems fine, nothing wrong with the al -DrunkerKickass- 給 DrunkerKickass 發送悄悄話 (73 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 17:01:18

回複:The voltage output is 14.2 seems fine, nothing wrong with the -cire622- 給 cire622 發送悄悄話 (74 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 18:31:33

alternator -北航新保理英子- 給 北航新保理英子 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/05/2009 postreply 21:46:04

You need to check the voltage at battery terminals -oldengine- 給 oldengine 發送悄悄話 oldengine 的博客首頁 (393 bytes) () 09/08/2009 postreply 07:38:01

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”