Good to know that oil being changed every 3000 miles.

來源: internuts 2009-07-25 11:15:15 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1961 bytes)
回答: Did you mean you have never changed oil?internuts2009-07-25 10:12:17
I don't live in bay area so I can't give you a reasonable recommendations. But I can tell you how I select shops doing such un-sophisticated jobs:

- Don't go to dealers (they are for recalls or buying scarce parts that no other parts stores carry, or the parts quantity is low or inexpensive that isn't worth of ordering online)

- Don't use entry level car care centers like Walmart, Sears, Pep Boys, ete. Those places hire mostly those just having gotten out of trade schools to gain experience, you surely don't want to be a donor of such practice (just like you don't want to be a patient under surgery of a resident doctor)

- Don't go to oil monkey places like J lubes, Lube Express, etc. There are not many experienced mechanics there, and most likely they are not trained to do repairs or maintenance or not on daily basis hands-on.

- Select those owned by individuals, established for long time, high traffic customer base (you can think of the same way a Chinese restaurant always getting full of customers it must be good with some reasons)

- Penny Saver helps a lot - find the weekly magazine to see what the package is being offered. Those shops normally are small, but not necessary bad. So call around and compare prices.

- Least but not the last - check BBB record of target shops before bring your car in. More than often a good shop is always a member of BBB, best are those with no complaints or complaints having all been resolved. If a shop isn't a member of BBB, you know it does not want to be under microscope, good or bad no body knows; you don't want to take a chance, so forget it; those with a lot of complaints and never resolved, stay away absolutely.

If you go through these rules, I am sure you'll be safe and happy down the road. Athough this means you might need to spend some time to do homework, but the reward is huge, and once for many years. Good luck!!

所有跟帖: 

Can't thank you enough for your sharing of very helpful tips. -swj2000- 給 swj2000 發送悄悄話 swj2000 的博客首頁 (38 bytes) () 07/26/2009 postreply 08:34:17

how about firestone, is it -monique- 給 monique 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 07/27/2009 postreply 12:13:52

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”