1) buy one property at unit value 1 with 0.2 down payment;
2) improve its value by 30% in a few years through properly selecting and grooming good tenants;
3) value of the property becomes 1.3 with equity at least = 0.52 (0.02 may come from installment over the years);
4) go out to buy another one at the same price at 1.3;
4) combine the two together to apply for 80% loan for two properties at 2.6 and the 20% down payment=0.52 comes from the equity in the first shop;
So we can get the second one without paying a cent. Similarly, from two, we can get four, and eight and 16 and so on.....