【職場點滴】Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

來源: 天邊一片白雲 2022-04-23 08:46:59 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5158 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 天邊一片白雲 ] 在 2022-04-23 08:48:52 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

When we  just arrrived in Toronto Canada, we lived in an apartment in the south west of Toronto, only about 5 to 10 minutes's walk to Exhibition Place, which is a 192 acres site located along Toronto's waterfront on the shores of Lake Ontario. The site includes a football and soccer stadium, parks, foundtains, a rose garden, statues and several interesting buildings. 

When weather permitted, I often took my child  to play in the park inside that place ( the right part in the following picture) . Sometimes, I cooked the food for dinner and we carried the food to that area. We sat  on the grass  and  ate our food,  while watching  the  birds and boats in the lake.

Do you notice that building in the left side of the following picture? isn't it unique? I often saw groups of people in or out that building.  I was alway wondering what was that building used for? What was inside that building? What were people doing in the building?  

One day, I walked close to the  building to take a look. I saw some words  on the wall: "Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament". I had no idea  what exactly that meant. 

One day,  I was reading a free local  newspaper. A small piece of  ads caught my attention. "Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament is hiring". "Is't the place we've been seen many times?" I thought. I continued to read. They were hiring some kitchen helpers and servers. I decided to give it a try.  Why not? If thing didn't work out ,  I didn't lose anything, not even a bus ticket. 

I didn't have the guts to apply the position as a server.  I had barely spoken much English when I was in China, not much even after  I arrived in Toronto.  We did grocery shopping in Chinatown. We went to banking in Chinatown. Both our family doctor and dentist could speak Chinese.  

So I applied the for ketchen helpers position, went for an interview  and got the job. I worked in the ketchen area, helping preparing the foods and drinks, loading dirty plates and pans to the dishwasher , taking the clean ones out of the dishwasher and etc.

I was lucky that all my co-works were very nice, especially  Tony.  

Tony and I started to work  at the same day  and we had the same role. Tony was a white man, in his sixty, with wispy grey hair.   He had a lean body with a slight hump.  He didn't talk much. But he alway got the extra mile to get more things done and he  was alway happy to lend me a helping hand.

Once I worked here, I started to know that there was some kind of show was going on  inside this building. Sometime the show was performed one time a day. There was more show a day during weekend or holiday. The food were included in the tickets.  The audiences watched the show while enjoying their food.

But I didn't know exactly what  the performance looked like  untill  I got a few free tickets on the day of my birthday.  We entered  the show room, took our seats, serviced by the  server with the food and drinks  and watched the performance.  I didn't get the story of the show, only heard the people's shouting  and the horses's neighing. 

Finally, the mysterious veil covering that building was uncovered.

Soon,  we moved out of  Toronto.  But every time when  we drived on the highway, passing this area, I alway took extra  look at this building where I had some unique and fun experience.

In case you never heard about "Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament" before , please refer following introduction from internet.

Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament is a family dinner theater featuring staged medieval-style games, sword-fighting, and jousting. Medieval Times Entertainment, the holding company, is headquartered in Irving, Texas.

There are ten locations: the nine in the United States are built as replica 11th-century castles; the tenth, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is located inside the CNE Government Building.

所有跟帖: 

沙發! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 09:39:04

What an interesting experience including an unique birthday! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 09:52:03

+1 -青柏- 給 青柏 發送悄悄話 青柏 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 17:32:15

歡迎青柏來美壇玩!也隨便寫寫 職場點滴 來參加活動吧!:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (135 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 19:31:16

A great writing!It is almost a short novel! 雲雲描寫得好細膩! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 09:54:46

謝謝妖妖誇獎鼓勵。我的閱讀量不足,詞匯量不大。寫得很費勁。要不還可以多寫點。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 15:23:26

寫得越來越棒!多練筆,把怎麽頂住deadline的壓力完成工作的點滴也寫出來:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 16:12:00

Thanks for sharing such an interesting story. -ibelieu- 給 ibelieu 發送悄悄話 ibelieu 的博客首頁 (742 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 10:16:33

握手,曾經的同行。 -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (685 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 15:40:43

大師也把你的職場點滴寫出來,發主帖吧:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 16:22:18

+ 2 , I went to the one in Orlando and also the one near NY/NJ. -AP33912- 給 AP33912 發送悄悄話 AP33912 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 17:47:00

wow. Good for you. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2022 postreply 17:31:56

恭喜白雲。首頁進來,謝謝網管,職場點滴 Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament 推薦成功 -梅雨潭- 給 梅雨潭 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 16:08:19

好棒的分享。讚。周末愉快。 -chuntianle- 給 chuntianle 發送悄悄話 chuntianle 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/23/2022 postreply 21:12:18

白雲的小作文越寫越好了。讚認真。值得學習。 -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/24/2022 postreply 04:39:31

等著看盈盈的故事。there is gonna be something fun in you work. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/27/2022 postreply 07:31:15

讀白雲的文章很享受, 還時不時被wit的小幽默敲一下腦袋. -移花接木- 給 移花接木 發送悄悄話 移花接木 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2022 postreply 07:17:39

那當然,雲雲的骨子裏是滿滿的自信:) -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/26/2022 postreply 20:20:13

我寫的是小學低年級的白話文。Thanks for reading and encouraging. -天邊一片白雲- 給 天邊一片白雲 發送悄悄話 天邊一片白雲 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/27/2022 postreply 07:35:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”