新年伊始,推薦村上春樹的一本書

來源: 非文學青年 2013-01-01 16:56:34 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2766 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 非文學青年 ] 在 2013-01-02 16:27:02 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running--A Memoir

By Haruki Murakami

I rarely read translated books, but this one is an exception. I don't read Japanese writers either, but again, this one is an exception. Look at the table of contents:  

Foreword: Suffering Is Optional

One: Who’s Going to Laugh at Mick Jagger?

Two: Tips on Becoming a Running Novelist

Three: Athens in Midsummer—Running 26.2 Miles for the First Time

Four: Most of What I Know About Writing Fiction I Learned by Running Every Day

Five: Even If I Had a Long Ponytail Back Then

Six: Nobody Pounded the Table Anymore, Nobody Threw Their Cups

Seven: Autumn in New York

Eight: 18 Til I Die

Nine: At Least He Never Walked

Afterword: On Roads All Round the World

Please read the titles of Chapters 2, 3 and 4 again. For someone who has just recently run a half marathon and wonders about how it feels like to run a full one, someone who is interested in writing and has attempted to write some training logs, isn't the book written for me? That may sound a little bit self-centered, but I did devour the book within two days. I want to peruse it in the new year and also read Haruki's other works, starting with 1Q84, which wasn't under my radar but was recommended to me by several friends at the end of 2012.   On the first day of 2013, I want to introduce this book to all my friends on MYSJ, esp. runners like Yugong, Livingsoul, 好學又好問, Sportswoman, Erjie and NewVoice. It is not a book on how to stay healthy/fit or how to run a marathon, but is on Haruki's own thoughts and feelings towards running, writing and life(or existence) in general. By the time he was writing the book, he had run 25 full marathons(one race each year since 1982), an ultramarathon (62 miles, 11hours 42 minutes) and several triathlons. The book is both inspirational and thought-provoking. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Happy New Year to you all and looking forward to another productive year of passionate reading! 

所有跟帖: 

小曼新年好!前段時間忙了一陣,終於明天娃回學校,我也要回來讀讀書了。 -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (86 bytes) () 01/01/2013 postreply 17:07:43

謝校長推薦。 新年快樂! -EnLearner- 給 EnLearner 發送悄悄話 EnLearner 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2013 postreply 17:16:07

問好愚公!新年快樂! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2013 postreply 17:25:27

熱烈歡迎文青再度出山!新年快樂!:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2013 postreply 19:36:55

原來是出關,現在成出山啦,哈哈。新年快樂!一起進步! -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2013 postreply 20:37:54

現在天天不讀英語,一說英語如同拌蒜一般。什麽時候重拾以前的熱情就好了。:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/03/2013 postreply 19:08:31

新年快樂! -ntotl- 給 ntotl 發送悄悄話 ntotl 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/01/2013 postreply 21:34:09

永學哥新年好!最近在讀書嗎? -非文學青年- 給 非文學青年 發送悄悄話 非文學青年 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2013 postreply 20:38:32

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”