人與人之間的相互尊重-What It Means To Me zt

來源: tingfeng 2012-08-26 07:32:47 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13487 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ tingfeng ] 在 2012-08-26 17:37:34 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Respect can mean a lot of different things to different people. Read more about what Respect means to some members of your college community!

If you would like to submit your own definition of Respect, please submit it in person to Ryan Connell, Student Life Programmer, Room 2A117 - Doon Campus. Please include your name, contact information, program name or work position, and a typed definition. A photo headshot will also be asked for inclusion on this webpage.

President Dr. John Tibbits

"Responsibility is a key element of respect. As individuals, we must take responsibility for our own attitudes and actions. When we do so, we set an example that encourages others to do so as well. The result is a community where there is a strong foundation for dialogue, discussion, personal growth and progress."
- President Dr. John Tibbits

Ciara Byrne, President of Conestoga Students Inc.

“Respect is not just about being inclusive and accommodating, it is about being open minded, listening to others, accepting their opinions and always being willing to work as a team.”
- Ciara Byrne, President of Conestoga Students Inc.

Danielle Hughes, Respiratory Therapy Student

“Respect to me is as simple as a handshake and complex as love. It is about understanding, acceptance, common courtesy and compassion. This can happen on an every day level such as holding the door open for someone or can be as intricate as learning and accepting someone else's values or beliefs. Acceptance and understanding come from acknowledging the validity of all views and beliefs, it is important to learn as much as possible from others whether you agree or not because in the end we are all human beings and each have a right to our emotions, beliefs, values and life choices.”
- Danielle Hughes, Respiratory Therapy Student

Mariangelica Forero, Graphic Design Student

“Respect to me means being able to step in someone elses shoes and take a look at life from a different point of view. Everybody has a story and a history we may never hear about, and we must be understanding and non-judgemental. It's loving and caring for everyone around us, for we are all important pieces of the big puzzle that is life.”
- Mariangelica Forero, Graphic Design Student

Cheena Sonser, Campus Services Manager at Conestoga Students Inc.

"Respect to me is valuing and embracing other peoples' feelings, needs, thoughts, ideas, differences, wishes and preferences."
- Sheena Sonser, Campus Services Manager at Conestoga Students Inc.

David Parbhakar, Broadcast Journalism Student

“Respect is what you need to give before you can get. It's allowing everyone to be who they want to be and appreciating diversity. It’s about being truthful, having integrity, kindness and compassion, loyalty to yourself and people around you, and being true to yourself.”
- David Parbhakar, Broadcast Journalism Student

Kitty Runstedler, Employment Advisor

"Respect is an important element that allows us to build trust and relationships. It facilitates the collaboration of ideas and guides our judgment. Respect can open our minds to greater awareness and understanding. It is compassionate, empathetic, forgiving and held with high esteem and can be the core of who we are and become as a person."
- Kitty Runstedler, Employment Advisor

Kyla Cook, Fitness & Health Promotion Student

“Respect to me is being considerate and understanding of people’s beliefs. Without respect people feel unwanted and generally bad about themselves. If everyone was respectful to the people in their community, this would allow people to truly be who they are and give allow them to have more confidence in themselves. Being respectful goes hand in hand with helping others, caring and compassion. Be respectful and the rest will follow.”
- Kyla Cook, Fitness & Health Promotion Student

Brandon Zyma, Broadcast Television Student

“Respect to me is treating others how you want to be treated. It doesn’t matter the beliefs, culture, ethnicity, or anything for that matter. Everyone deserves to be treated equally and given a fair chance and to be appreciated as they should be.”
- Brandon Zyma, Broadcast Television Student

Laura Robinson, Residence Life Manager

“Respect to me means treating others not just how you want to be treated but being gracious and kind in the face of adversity and negativity.  This shows strength of character and goes a long way to build relationships.”
- Laura Robinson, Residence Life Manager

Kaylee Taylor, Student Life Clerical Support Assistant

“To me Respect is showing others that you care and seeing the good in them.  Remembering that people come from all walks of life and appreciating them for who they are.”
- Kaylee Taylor, Student Life Clerical Support Assistant

Sarah de Boer, Business Administration-Management Student

"Respect is embracing everyone's differences and similarities. Because when you celebrate our differences, we find we have more similarities than first perceived.”
- Sarah de Boer, Business Administration-Management Student

Ryan Connell, Student Life Programmer

“Respect is taking the time to think about how your words and behaviours can make a positive impact to others. A smile or a hello can brighten someone’s day and make them feel welcomed and respected—and, to me, that can make all the difference.”
- Ryan Connell, Student Life Programmer

Shawna Bernard, Counsellor

"To me, respect means treating other people the way you would like to be treated yourself, regardless of any differences we may have. It means treating other people fairly and kindly. It means respecting the rights of others while at the same time respecting yourself and your own rights."
- Shawna Bernard, Counsellor

Dr. Laura Quirk, Faculty

“Respect is often something we are taught as children but the older I get, the more important it has become. I believe everyone should be treated with respect simply because they are persons. To me that includes concepts of justice and equality, cultural diversity and toleration, agency and ethics. In other words, respect is shown through behaviour, attitude and an openness to another's perspective.”
- Dr. Laura Quirk, Faculty

Emily Morley, Recreation and Leisure Services Student

"Respect for me is to understand that everyone is unique in their own ways, and embracing and appreciating the differences. It includes thinking about the implications of your actions or sayings and making a conscious effort to ensure that no one feels isolated."
- Emily Morley, Recreation and Leisure Services Student

Debashis Dutta, Program Coordinator, Human Services Foundations Program

"Caring, Honouring, Serving, Reciprocity. As a faculty member at Conestoga College, these words encapsulate my intentions of what respect means in my work with our learners, my peers and the community. Every day, I aim to value and hold in high regard, the people with whom I engage here."
- Debashis Dutta, Program Coordinator, Human Services Foundations program

Katie McCartney, Athletic Technician

“Respect to me means accepting everyone as individuals and working with them to find inclusion. We try to find something for everyone to do at the rec Centre, allowing everyone to be involved. Having the opportunity to be involved in recreational activities helps with personal growth and achievement.”
- Katie McCartney, Athletic Technician

Linda St. John, Library Technician

“To me respect means embracing and celebrating the incredible diversity and individuality of the people I am privileged to have contact with, and showing kindness and empathy to whoever I encounter.”
- Linda St. John, Library Technician

Amy Baird, Disability Services Resource Coordinator

“Respect means to me valuing what each person has to offer and recognizing that every individual is able.”
- Amy Baird, Disability Services Resource Coordinator

Carol Gregory, Director, Student Development

"I believe that 'respect' knows no 'difference' or boundary. To be treated by others as we want to be treated ourselves is a guiding principle that, if followed, has enormous powers to unite us and more importantly, to bring out the best in each other."
- Carol Gregory, Director, Student Development

“Respect is about seeing others for who they are and taking their feelings into consideration. It is about giving and receiving. Respect means taking the time to know and understand each person we deal with. Small things can make a big difference!”
- Anela Tomac, Faculty Member, School of Business

"When I think of what respect means, I would say that respect is about showing understanding and consideration for others."
- Kelly Nixon, Disability Services Counsellor

"In the study of Public Relations, we focus on the mutually beneficial relationship between an organization and its stakeholders. Respect is at the heart of those relationships: valuing each others' opinion, looking for compromise and collaboration, and celebrating the areas of common interest. The same can be said of personal relationships. In this way, respect makes common sense. We just need to make it common practice."
- Fran Gregory, Program Coordinator, Public Relations program

所有跟帖: 

你的理解是什麽? -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 07:35:45

Thanks fo sharing! -Lucidus- 給 Lucidus 發送悄悄話 Lucidus 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 07:38:33

you r welcome, have a nice weekend! -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 07:49:23

good one. respect others respect yourself. -yingyudidida- 給 yingyudidida 發送悄悄話 yingyudidida 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 08:11:53

Very good. -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 08:32:34

respecting is everything! -rockcurrent- 給 rockcurrent 發送悄悄話 rockcurrent 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 09:04:42

謝謝各位前輩看貼,頂貼, 希望這相互尊重更多的通過我們的言語和行動來體現! -tingfeng- 給 tingfeng 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 09:26:04

為人處事時,做到“己所不欲,勿施於人”吧。 -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 20:58:02

與我心有戚戚焉。 -jingbeiboy- 給 jingbeiboy 發送悄悄話 jingbeiboy 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 21:16:30

握爪握爪!:) -beautifulwind- 給 beautifulwind 發送悄悄話 beautifulwind 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/26/2012 postreply 21:19:34

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”