第一次發帖: 我的奇葩先生

來源: -竹- 2014-03-07 11:15:10 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9977 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ -竹- ] 在 2014-03-07 11:39:25 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Hi there:

This is my very first time posting something in this forum. I am taking Communications 12 at an Adult Learning Centre. I first wrote the paragraph for an assignment and found it sort of funny and then translated it into Chinese. Hopefully I am not wasting your time and you have fun reading it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Unit 2, Assignment #3, Descriptive Paragraph:    

Write a 10-12 sentence paragraph, describing a person you know well. Do not just describe the persons
physical feature; describe his/her personality. Make the person come alive for the reader.

A person I know well: My curious hu*****and

My hu*****and Min is from M.C. He stands 5 feet 9 inches and weighs about 83 kg. According to the standard 
BMI (Body Mass Index) he is slightly overweight, but not yet obese; indeed, his round face and love handles 
make him look a little bit chubby. A lot of people consider Min
’s facial features to be Korean (probably 
because of his slitted eyes), but to me, he is just an average-looking Chinese. Like most people I know in  Canada, Min is very kind-hearted, hard-working and family-oriented. Generally speaking, he is an ordinary  guy; however, his personality really involves 
some contradictions that make him such an extraordinary 
individual. 
With his PhD title in Operation Research Min is highly educated in academic aspect; but on the 
other hand, he is 
such an illiterate for daily life and always acts like PHD (Permanent-Head-Damaged).  He cuts a zip lock bag open with scissors; steams food without water; uses a plastic bag to move a hot pot; 
never separates waste for compost from landfill garbag
e, ........, etc. He can sit in front of his desktop PC for 
a few 
hours without moving his bottom, but he lacks the least patience to wait a few minutes, and leaves a 
burning stove unattended so long that I don’t remember how many short-lives pots got burnt in our kitchen. Being totally competent and confident, he can give a lecture in front of hundreds of students; but being 
hopelessly clumsy and clueless, he never figures out how to properly put on a bathing suit for our baby 
daughter. 
He has amazingly good memory and memorizes all the contents of his text books (precisely to the 
page no.) and all the keys to his students
 questions; but he often misplaces his banking / credit cards as 
well as house 
/ office / car keys, and has to look for them every other daysEverytime when I type exam 
papers for him, no mistake, not even a comma, can escape his keen sight; but he can enter a restaurant 
for a late night snack, carelessly ignoring the fact that one of his feet is in a sandal and the other in a dress 
shoe. Oh dear
!If I had not been living with my hu*****and for eleven years, I would never believe there is 
such a paradoxical person like him on Earth!   

一個我非常了解的人:我的奇葩先生

我先生Min來自MC。他身高5尺9寸,重約83公斤。 根據標準體質指數,他有些超重 (但還不算肥胖);的確,他的圓臉以及腰間的贅肉讓他看起來是有點胖乎乎的。很多人覺得Min的麵部特征像韓國人(也許是因為他的一雙縫眼),但在我看來,他就是一個相貌普通的華人。 跟我在加拿大認識的大多數人一樣,Min心地非常善良,很勤勞,也很顧家。他大抵是個平常人,然而,他性格裏的某些矛盾又讓他這個人變得如此非常。Min受過高等教育,在學術上是個運籌學博士;但另一方麵,他在生活上卻又那麽的無知,行為舉止常常就像一個腦殘。他用剪刀剪開自封袋;蒸東西不加水;拿塑料袋去移開滾燙的鍋子;從來分不清堆肥用的廢料和普通垃圾..........等等等等。他可以在他的台式電腦前一坐就好幾個小時也不挪一下屁股;但他就是缺少那麽幾分鍾的耐心,經常丟下開著火的爐頭,不管不顧好長時間,以至於我都記不清有多少隻短命的鍋子在我家廚房慘遭不測。他可以絕對自信而且遊刃有餘地給幾百名學生上課;但也可以笨手拙腳,無用到無可救藥,永遠也搞不懂如何正確地幫我們的寶貝(北鼻)女兒穿上泳衣。他的記憶力驚人地好,可以記得教科書的全部內容(準確到頁數)以及學生問題的所有答案; 但他常常忘記自己的銀行卡/信用卡,還有家門/辦公室/車鑰匙放在哪裏,三天兩頭就得四處尋找。每次我幫他打考卷,任何錯誤,哪怕是一個逗號,都逃不過他犀利的眼神;但他卻可以華麗麗地走進一家餐廳吃宵夜,全然無視自己一腳踩著涼鞋,而另一隻腳卻趿拉著正裝鞋。唉!要不是我已經跟我先生一起生活了十一年,我永遠也不會相信這世上會有像他這樣矛盾的人。

所有跟帖: 

歡迎來美壇,寫得很生動.就是排版長了些,在ipad上看時字變得很小。 -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 11:26:26

回複:歡迎來美壇,寫得很生動.就是排版長了些,在ipad上看時字變得很小。 --竹-- 給 -竹- 發送悄悄話 (69 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 11:32:48

大概是因為拷貝word,沒關係,我放大屏幕看到了,歡迎有空來(^.^) -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 11:39:08

好的,謝謝!:-) --竹-- 給 -竹- 發送悄悄話 (21 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 11:53:04

a man with such adorable characteristics... nice writing and swe -nitebynite- 給 nitebynite 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 13:45:32

頂好文好譯! 歡迎常來美壇。 -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 17:11:25

Great writing! Please come and post often. -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (33 bytes) () 03/07/2014 postreply 19:23:49

多謝各位回帖給我肯定和鼓勵。大家周末快樂! --竹-- 給 -竹- 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/08/2014 postreply 10:37:42

你的先生是專注於做學問的人,我曾讀過一篇Absent-Minded Prof趣文,和你先生有相似之處。 -斯葭- 給 斯葭 發送悄悄話 斯葭 的博客首頁 (600 bytes) () 03/09/2014 postreply 09:27:09

謝謝斯葭。是啊,我用了很長時間才真正了解和接受了他的這一特質。至於 --竹-- 給 -竹- 發送悄悄話 (148 bytes) () 03/09/2014 postreply 11:32:24

Nice and neat -across- 給 across 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 03/10/2014 postreply 20:43:51

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”