Random Thoughts 75 - Smile

來源: 衝浪潛水員 2014-02-23 22:57:38 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1851 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 衝浪潛水員 ] 在 2014-03-01 10:44:52 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

75. Smile

This past week, I presented some results to a big group at work. I was nervous, because it was an important meeting. After my presentation, a colleague on the other end of the teleconference call praised our work highly. As it was not easy to follow the inputs from the remote site, I listened attentively. Then, colleague D, who sat close to me, muted our microphone and said to me, "This is when you smile."

About six weeks earlier, the prospect of my project looked grim. Since I had been working on it over the past one and half years, my heart was heavy. Then, after one review with a few colleagues, my boss said to me, "Surfer, cheer up! You'll make it happen and we'll support you."

About two years ago, I was working on a challenging technical problem in our factory. As it looked nearly insurmountable at the moment, I was thinking hard how to solve it all the time. During lunch one day, I was lost in thought again and frowned unknowingly. A colleague at the table said to me, "Surfer, don't frown! Smile, and you'll look younger."

Many years ago, I was invited appear at a TV show. Of course I was nervous about what to say, what to wear, everything! Then, after the program aired, a classmate said to me, "Surfer, you didn't smile at all! You need to learn to smile."

Thinking back, there seems to be a pattern that I don't smile enough. Okay, let me make it a goal to smile more, everyday!

Cheers,
Surfer_Diver

所有跟帖: 

Good point, Captain! We'll follow you & keep smiling..:)) -環繞自然- 給 環繞自然 發送悄悄話 環繞自然 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/24/2014 postreply 00:15:34

A wonderful article.Smile is the key. -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/24/2014 postreply 07:35:09

Smile, Surfer, you look younger, haha~ -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2014 postreply 21:16:27

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”