Love is Patience

來源: 北京二號 2013-09-05 22:51:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (3099 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 北京二號 ] 在 2013-09-06 08:08:28 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

I was once during my whole lifetime told that I was insecure. At the time, I just laughed it off -- you can label me poor, lazy, short temper, proud, simple or naive, whatever you like, but insecurity is the one thing that has nothing to do with me. However, as I later on read more books and reflections on self improvement, I figured that I actually did lack security! These materials taught me that if one feels really secure, s/he would be patient to everyone and everything s/he encounters.

We urge our partners or spouses to achieve more, push our children to study harder, force ourselves to get better, ask our close friends to be perfecter. We endlessly pursue "faster, higher, stronger". Why? Because we don't feel secure with the currently existing status. When I first learned this interpretation, I immediately recalled how frustrated I got when I couldn't make my son fully understand a concept, both at him and at myself. Then I remembered the feeling of despair when I wasn't able to pronounce a word or to read a sentence correctly after many tries, and the worry I had when telling a friend a low level mistake she made while she didn't listen. 

Then I did quite a lot of thinking. (Oh, God must be laughing badly again right now!) In the above cases, the actions I took were normal and reasonable, but the emotion was poisonous to all parties invlolved and it did no good to the situation. If we care and know how to care, love and know how to love, we'd know how patience should be applied.

It takes time for things to happen, to change and to improve. Everyone has their own rythm and follows his/her own course. Life is not one plus one. My son has been doing better and better since I stopped looking over him. He is actually doing too good now that he's started to be dissatisfied with me over academic topics though he covers that pretty well. I didn't make much meaningful progress over any 1-2 year period while I was working on my English. But looking back 5 years later, no one can deny that the improvement is nontrival. As for my friends, all of them are doing fine, and getting better and happier. The sky won't fall if we don't push people or things so badly. 

Being patient is a skill that not everyone is born with. But for ourselves, our loved ones, and maybe even the ones we don't like that much, it is worth it to keep it in mind, and remind ourselves of it at times.

This is one of the most valuable things I learned in my web-surfing years. Well, don't look at me, I am still impatient and short-tempered. Knowing something doesn't guarantee being able to practice it perfectly. It takes time. Please be patient. I promise I will get there, eventually.

所有跟帖: 

Love-volcano, Patience-stone -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 07:07:51

The one for volcano is called passion. -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 16:55:56

Love is patience, love is acceptance, love is security provided -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (371 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 11:48:40

葉子,I am only a beginner. -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (80 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 16:58:58

You've got a big IF in there! -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (137 bytes) () 09/06/2013 postreply 23:18:27

Thanks. I knew I bit more than I can chew. :-) -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (28 bytes) () 09/07/2013 postreply 22:50:32

Well-written. 謝分享,順祝秋安。 -祤湫霖- 給 祤湫霖 發送悄悄話 祤湫霖 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/07/2013 postreply 19:21:08

謝謝!也祝你一切都好。 -北京二號- 給 北京二號 發送悄悄話 北京二號 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 09/07/2013 postreply 22:52:31

well said. 向你學習。我對女兒就很缺乏耐心。以後一定要改。stop looking over her now. -花想月容- 給 花想月容 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 09/10/2013 postreply 12:35:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”