文化藝術:Chinese Art of Paper Cutting(音頻文字)

來源: 斕婷 2014-06-09 06:21:17 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (13918 bytes)
Paper cutting artist Voyo Woo at work.
Paper cutting artist Voyo Woo at work.

文化藝術:Chinese Art of Paper Cutting(音頻文字)ZT
http://realaudio.rferl.org/voa/LERE/2014/06/05/984ddfe5-0123-40c2-85b9-1c48e7af862f.mp3
http://learningenglish.voanews.com/content/immigrant-hopes-renew-ancient-chinese-art-paper-cutting/1930544.html

Welcome
to American Mosaic from VOA Learning English.  I’m June Simms.

The Chinese art of paper cutting has a long history.  The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization has recognized the art, called Jianzhi, on its Intangible Cultural Heritage List.  But, Jianzhi is at risk of disappearing. Caty Weaver tells us about a Chinese immigrant to the U.S. who hopes to bring the art back to life.

Voyo Woo loves paper cutting.

“It is called a dragon of boat racing.”

And she works hard to celebrate the ancient art form.

“The first, earliest paper cutting was found in China 1500 years ago.”

On a recent Saturday, Ms. Woo held a paper cutting show at a shopping center near Washington.  She demonstrated the art for hours to crowds at the center.

“I really like it. I get so much fun and peace doing it. So, I am just kind of hoping that more people will learn about this art that is kind of dying and enjoy it like I do.”

Voyo Woo began to study the art of Jianzhi as a 14-year-old in her hometown in southeastern China. She says all the students at school had to learn the art. But she says she discovered a special love for it. So, her teacher gave her extra training after class.

“It was actually a mandatory art class for everybody.  But I just found a special passion for it.  So my teacher, she was willing to give me extra tutoring after class to train me in paper cutting.”

Later, she won second prize in a national painting and calligraphy competition.

Paper is the easiest material that you can find. You can just turn it into beautiful, intricate art. I think it is like magic to me.”

Ms. Woo came to the U.S. after she finished college in 2008. Soon after, she became involved in an event to support and expand understanding of Chinese paper cutting. She has been invited to demonstrate the art at a wide collection of events.  She also has shown her skill at famed museums like the Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler art galleries in Washington.

“I saw so many people coming to me and asking me. They were amazed. I think it is important to promote the art form to American people or anyone who is interested. Maybe it will lead to another thriving of this art form back in China.”

Ms. Woo says paper cutting represents Chinese cultural values, history and stories of people’s lives.  She uses the art as a tool to present Chinese culture to people who know little about it.

Ms. Woo placed examples of her art around her as she demonstrated paper cutting at the shopping center. Some shoppers, like Ann Russ, took part in a workshop. Ms. Russ was struck by the finely detailed nature of the work. She said it put her at ease.

“I like to know about Chinese art, specifically because it is very delicate. And I like the focus that it requires because it takes me out of everything. And we have to concentrate on something very closely. It is almost relaxing to put that much effort into it.”

Voyo Woo says Chinese art is for all people.

“It is amazing how Chinese art can resonate, can echo with people from other cultural backgrounds.”

I’m Caty Weaver.

所有跟帖: 

謝謝斕婷.小時候我們也刻剪紙,還用鉛筆拓畫.記得鬆鬆刻過看鏈接~~ -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (144 bytes) () 06/09/2014 postreply 15:03:34

看到鬆鬆的剪紙了,真漂亮,謝京燕分享。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2014 postreply 15:52:41

謝謝燕子找出舊文,謝謝斕婷和小曼欣賞:)特別謝謝斕婷分享好文:) -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/10/2014 postreply 17:17:09

我們小時候都刻過剪紙,那是一段美好的回憶。 -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2014 postreply 20:17:27

是啊, 小時候用各色臘光紙刻過很多花樣, 夾在厚厚的書本裏...現在都成了美好的回憶 -緣自知音- 給 緣自知音 發送悄悄話 緣自知音 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2014 postreply 21:36:38

謝葉子姐和緣自知音分享童年美好的記憶。 -斕婷- 給 斕婷 發送悄悄話 斕婷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2014 postreply 21:46:58

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”