Remembering Mr Robin Williams

來源: 京燕花園 2014-08-11 18:54:28 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (67377 bytes)
Photo

Robin Williams, before a performance in Virginia in 2009. CreditJay Paul for The New York Times

Robin Williams, an Academy Award-winning actor and comedian who imbued his performances with wild inventiveness and a kind of manic energy, died on Monday at his home in Marin County, Calif. He was 63.

The county sheriff’s office said in a statement that it “suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia.” A further investigation was under way.

The statement said that the office received a 9-1-1 call at 11:55 a.m. saying that a man had been found “unconscious and not breathing inside his residence.” Emergency personnel sent to the scene identified him as Mr. Williams and pronounced him dead at 12:02 p.m.

Mr. William’s publicist, Mara Buxbaum, said in a statement that Mr. Williams “has been battling severe depression.”

His wife, Susan Schneider, said in a statement, “This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings.” She added: “As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.”

Continue reading the main storyVideo
PLAY VIDEO|2:04

Behind the Scene With Robin Williams

Behind the Scene With Robin Williams

Robin Williams performs an excerpt from Rajiv Joseph’s Broadway play, “Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo.”

Video CreditBy Erik Piepenburg and Mekado Murphy on Publish DateMarch 31, 2011. 

Mr. Williams, who was raised in the Detroit suburb of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., and in Marin County, attended the Juilliard School in New York before breaking through as a hyperverbal comedian and a star of the 1978 ABC sitcom “Mork & Mindy,” playing a giddy alien unaccustomed to life on this planet.

He went on to earn Academy Award nominations for his roles in films like “Good Morning, Vietnam,” in which he played a loquacious radio D.J.; “Dead Poets Society,” playing a mentor to students in need of inspiration; and “The Fisher King,” as a homeless man whose life has been struck by tragedy. He won an Oscar in 1998 for “Good Will Hunting,” playing a therapist who works with a troubled prodigy played by Matt Damon.

Beginning with roles in the 1977 sex farce “Can I Do It ‘Till I Need Glasses” and “The Richard Pryor Show,” a variety series hosted by one of his comedy mentors, Mr. Williams rapidly ascended the entertainment industry’s ladder.

Hired to play an eccentric alien in an episode of “Happy Days,” Mr. Williams caught the attention of the show’s creator, Garry Marshall, who cast him to reprise his career-making role of Mork from Ork in “Mork & Mindy.” Mr. Williams soon graduated into movie roles that include the title characters in “Popeye,” Robert Altman’s 1980 live-action musical about that spinach-chomping cartoon sailor; and “The World According to Garp,” the director George Roy Hill’s 1982 adaptation of the John Irving novel.

He also continued to appear in raucous standup comedy specials like “Robin Williams: An Evening at the Met,” which showcased his garrulous performance style and his indefatigable ability to free-associate without the apparent benefit of prepared material. Alongside his friends and fellow actors Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg, Mr. Williams appeared in an annual series of telethons for Comic Relief, a charity organization that helps homeless people and others in need.

Mr. Williams’s acting career reached a new height in 1987 with his performance in Barry Levinson’s film “Good Morning, Vietnam,” in which he played a nonconformist Armed Forces Radio host working in Saigon in the 1960s. It earned Mr. Williams his first Oscar nomination. He earned another two years later for “Dead Poets Society,” directed by Peter Weir and released in 1989, in which he played an unconventional English teacher at a 1950s boarding school who inspires his students to tear up their textbooks and seize the day. (Or, as Mr. Williams’s character famously put it in the original Latin, “Carpe diem.”)

所有跟帖: 

I am so shocked and sadded by the news. Robin Williams, RIP. -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2014 postreply 19:08:01

Me too,my whole family is shocked! Our best beloved comedian,RIP -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2014 postreply 19:32:15

Oops, "saddened" -婉蕠- 給 婉蕠 發送悄悄話 婉蕠 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2014 postreply 22:25:51

Oh no, Robin Williams is such a gifted actor that I like his per -~葉子~- 給 ~葉子~ 發送悄悄話 ~葉子~ 的博客首頁 (92 bytes) () 08/11/2014 postreply 20:19:28

He was so talented and funny.He will be missed dearly. -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/11/2014 postreply 21:15:31

Who are entertaining our entertainers? -衝浪潛水員- 給 衝浪潛水員 發送悄悄話 衝浪潛水員 的博客首頁 (121 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 01:38:39

Well said!They are human too.Robin Williams is irreplaceable. -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 09:36:38

Sad, Robin Williams --his name is inauspicious -走馬讀人- 給 走馬讀人 發送悄悄話 走馬讀人 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 05:37:50

He is a little man with a big heart and big voice. RIP. -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 09:38:01

Sad。 RIP。 -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 16:01:42

Robin Williams的離去震驚了整個社會,他為人誠懇笑口常開.誇張的身體語言,令人過目不忘,從老到小都喜愛他 -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/12/2014 postreply 17:30:18

可惜!非常優秀的演員,最喜歡他的三部影片 -anke_ba- 給 anke_ba 發送悄悄話 (71 bytes) () 08/13/2014 postreply 05:41:43

你看了很多電影,他形象突出語言能力強,引入入勝. -京燕花園- 給 京燕花園 發送悄悄話 京燕花園 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 08/13/2014 postreply 18:21:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”