award travel booking

來源: lvtotravel 2005-07-12 23:57:34 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1861 bytes)
回答: That is greatlvtotravel2005-07-12 20:08:35
you can only book award online if it is a simple A to B roundtrip.

In order to utilize the benefit of openjaw and stopover, as well as using seats on partner airline (in AA's case it would be Oneworld carriers plus Alaska Airline, Air Taihiti Nui, Eva ...) you have to talk to an agent to book that for you.

You can, however, check each segment availability online, by putting your booking as one-way, so you can find out whether award seats are available for the segment you need ... if you have done the legwork first, it is so much more easier for the agent to finish the actual booking, and the agent would be much more pleasant to talk to you too ...

I dont want to lose my online booking bonus of 1000 miles. So I initially booked an A to B rt. Then I research the segments, then I called to change my booking and dates as my plan evolves ... Since the booking was initially done on Web, I can "purchase" on web by the ticketing deadline (only tax is involved) and still get the bonus, also avoid the telephone booking fee of $5.00 per ticket.

This itinerary was initially a Vancouver roundtrip - then it changed to Anchorage roundtrip - then it changed to Anchorage, Vancouver open jaw (that part I need agent's help) - then it changed to add a stopover of Denver between Vancouver and home (also needed agent's help) and finally replaced Denver with Jacksonhole when we found out it is a legal connection within 25K award.

I value my miles as 0.01 per mile, and that is no more than that if I have to "pay" to acquire it (flying, incentives, bonus, etc) but when I spend it, I try to get 0.025 to 0.03 per mile ... once an open jaw or a stopover is involved, the costs immediately jump to 0.025 per mile usually. This by far is the highest value I ever scored.

AA is great for their awards. UA sucks.
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”