You can't pour from an empty cup of kindness

來源: TJKCB 2024-04-14 11:32:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2175 bytes)

Being kind to yourself is the foundation for kindness to others Daniel Abrahams. You can't pour from an empty cup of kindness. When you prioritize self-care, manage stress effectively, and set healthy boundaries, you fill up your cup of kindness, which allows you to show up for others in a more authentic and impactful way.

Someone told me a story many years ago in this context that has really stuck with me. A woman was on the NYC subway and a little girl in the seat behind her kept kicking her seat. Eventually, the woman turns around and says to the man sitting next to the child, "Would you please reign in your daughter?" (BTW, that relationship was assumptive, though it did turn out that he was in fact her father.)

The man sighed and, with a weary smile, said, "I am so sorry, ma'am. We've come from the hospital where my wife is very ill, and I've been up all night. I'm struggling to be a good parent right now, and I really do apologize for her behavior."

Not sure if the woman was mortified or not...not sure if the girl stopped kicking the seat...yet it is a poignant reminder of your very important message. Thanks so much for the reminder, Daniel Abrahams. And BTW, I have no idea if this story is true, however, it seems plausible enough!

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

Well written! -妖妖靈- 給 妖妖靈 發送悄悄話 妖妖靈 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/14/2024 postreply 13:11:21

U R very kind! -TJKCB- 給 TJKCB 發送悄悄話 TJKCB 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2024 postreply 00:42:38

you fill up your cup of kindness.+10086. Nice story ! -暖冬cool夏- 給 暖冬cool夏 發送悄悄話 暖冬cool夏 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/14/2024 postreply 23:20:40

Witty! -TJKCB- 給 TJKCB 發送悄悄話 TJKCB 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2024 postreply 00:42:11

Prioritize self-care, manage stress effectively, -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2024 postreply 11:25:04

set healthy boundaries, and fill up our cup first -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2024 postreply 11:26:17

謝謝TJ善意的建議~~ -盈盈一笑間- 給 盈盈一笑間 發送悄悄話 盈盈一笑間 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/15/2024 postreply 11:27:22

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”