Listening to "Girl Rock"

來源: 井龍和 2017-06-07 21:18:30 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2069 bytes)

For years my music listening was largely limited to classical.  My older daughter T tried to get me interested in Rock N Roll quite a few times with no success. I simply dismissed modern music as noisy, shallow and superficial. But that view of mine began to change when I was teaching my youngest daughter Z driving. She talked me into agreeing that whoever sat behind the wheel would have control of the car radio. During the whole process, she was driving most of the time therefore I was forced to listen to music on radio of her choice, all modern, mostly Rock N Roll. At first, I tried to ignore it, but slowly over time I found some pieces quite appealing and started asking Z questions about them. Z was more than happy to share her views with me, about the songs, the radio station styles, and the radio program hosts. I grew more and more interested and even went to a Rock concert with her and found myself to be the only old Asian man among a huge crowd. That all happen several years ago. Now when I drive I quite often turn the car radio to Z's favorite stations to listen to the latest and hottest songs favored by young people. Earlier this year I started listening to a music program called "Girl Rock" on a radio station hundreds of miles away from home every Tuesday night over the internet. It is now my favorite radio music show now, and it is hosted by Z herself.

所有跟帖: 

Your daughter is great! -南山鬆- 給 南山鬆 發送悄悄話 南山鬆 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/08/2017 postreply 17:38:24

謝謝鬆鬆。周末愉快。 -井龍和- 給 井龍和 發送悄悄話 井龍和 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/09/2017 postreply 09:18:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”