ask for help on my first car incidence

來源: jennylin 2009-01-27 21:25:13 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2475 bytes)
Dear JMs: my baby was sick last Tuesday and I was on my way to get some medicine for her from CVS at around 9:00pm. When the indicence happened, we both drove on the driveway in-between parking slots. I was at an intersection of the ending area of a parking space and was making a left turn. Another car (Ford) was on the on-going driveway. There was NO stop signs from any direction. I slowed down (almost stopped) before I made the turn and did not see any nearby cars. Then suddenly, I heard the sound...my bumper had a big dent with some fracture at the edge, another car had no observable damage. It was driven by a 18 year old girl. She claimed that she had the right of the way. She called her mother to ask for advice with a report to her mother as well "mom, I had a car incidnet...we are both fine, my car is fine; her car looks pretty bad..." She asked for my information and I gave it to her. She comforted me by saying that "probably I will not do anything about it (she meant the minor scratch, which I could not see clear)". Then she left. I was a bit of shocked with no speech, since what happened was too sudden for me, and I don't have any car incident experience before. For ~ 1min later, I realized that I should ask for her information as well. I called her number (when she got my number, she tried to dial it through, she was driving ahead about 2 blocks away) to ask her to pull over at an alley to wait for me. Then she called police. I got the police report today, basically the officer just record "driver #1 said...driver #2 said..." with no biased judgement. Somehow, he even suggested me to go through insurance claiming process, rather than taking the "kind offer" by the 18-year old about paying her out-of-pocket.

JMs, I don't have any experience, please help me. That 18-year old claimed that she had the right-of-the-way, which I thought she was right, since I was making the left turn. But I claimed that she was driving overspeed, because I did slow down to make judgement if there was any driving car nearby. Should I pay her (she called me today and ask for $150; it sounds ok, but the thing is she first mentioned twice that her car was fine, that very very minor scratch was not an issue) out of my pokcet and then fix my pumper out of my pocket as well? Or should I call her insurance company,assuming if I choose to do so, she will call my insurance company. I am very lost in what I should do next, please advise!

所有跟帖: 

交給您的保險公司來處理. 以免後患. -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/28/2009 postreply 05:38:40

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”