續: 把HVAC Contractor送上小額法庭 - Lao Mao, pls suggest

來源: xiaofengjiayuan 2011-07-28 08:31:35 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (12069 bytes)

New Story -

Well, I sent a certified letter to the contractor and provided him all evidence I had and also told him if he does not respond, I will do the following. 

1.   Report you to the Iowa Attorney General Consumer Protection Division

2.   Report you to the BBB (Better Business Bureau office)

3.   Hire a lawyer and bring you to local small claim courts.  You will pay for any fees, including but limited to court fee, attorney fee, processing fee etc. occurred due to this.

At the mean time, I also hired a contractor (cost me $150) to look at the AC unit.  They told me that the AC unit is a year 2005 unit and it already passed the manufacturer warranty.  They think there is a leak in the unit that leading Freon (coolant).  They put the unit in temp service by adding some Freon.  They propose  to do leak test (cost $190) to find out the leak and then determine how much to repair from there.  Repair could varies from 4-5 hours or not reparable, which means the unit is useless. 

The contractor text message back to me yesterday and said he is sorry that he missed his appointment ( I guess he received the certified letter).  He has signed himself to a mental facility so he don’t kill his wife for sleeping with another man, blah, blah….but he is willing to schedule another appoint to look at the unit. I told him that I have already have someone else looked at it and told him what was found out, then he became very frustrated and sent me back some message that does not make sense.  I told him I will let him know what he can do to make this up later.

Now the problem is that I do not trust this guy anymore and I do not want him to come back to look at my AC unit.  I paid for a new unit, but he put a old unit on my house, which I think this is fraud.  I want to give him the following option:

1.        Give me a full refund

2.        Pay for all cost occurred due to this repair (total could be somewhere around $500 - $1000 or over $2000 if unit is not repairable).  The loss on me for this is that if there is any future problem.  I do not have manufacturer warranty.  I paid for a new unit, but I got a 5 year old unit.

3.        If he do not respond, he will bring him to small claim court to sue him to pay full refund, court fee, and legal fee. (can I ask him to pay lawyer fee?)

Lao Mao, could you please suggest which option i should go ask for. Many thanks.

Previous post: http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/law/123211.html

去年八月HVAC Contractor安裝了空調設備。一年保修期。幾星期後,開始不製冷。聯係contracor, 來了,加了點Coolant, 工作了。但沒幾天天氣漸漸冷,就沒有必要用空調了。 中間一月我們搬了家。房子出租了。今天六月,租戶說空調就有問題。打他電話,托詞說我需要換filter.需要清潔unit. 再後來就不理不睬。 開始是打電話,後來就發text message. 說再不回我就請其他contractor and i will send bill to him and i will hire a lawyer if i have to.  他開始回,說好時間日子要來。因為我們不住在哪兒, 租戶也搬出去了,也請鄰居替開門,但到時他卻沒有出現。想他是發現我們在異地, 可能拿他無奈和。我非常非常生氣這種人。決定先請其他contractor, 再把bill郵寄給他。如果不支付。因為在異地,不能自己去小額法庭,決定就請lawyer告他。但現在有以下幾個問題:

1. 我有充分證據。但都是text message. 今天給T-MOBILE打電話,問如何能把text message 打印出來。建議我把text message 準發到郵件,再打印。請問法庭接受這種方式麽。還是我要把我手機郵寄給律師。

2. 我需要寄給他registered mail麽。郵局人說很多人拒收register mail,因為他們知道那多數是problem. 如果這樣, 我還有什麽辦法。

3. 對於這種情況。一般律師收費大約是多少。有什麽好律師介紹麽。事件地點在des moines, IA.

多謝了!

所有跟帖: 

回複:續: 把HVAC Contractor送上小額法庭 - Lao Mao, pls suggest -單身老貓- 給 單身老貓 發送悄悄話 單身老貓 的博客首頁 (1881 bytes) () 07/28/2011 postreply 09:28:51

Lao Mao, thank you so much for spending time look at my case and -xiaofengjiayuan- 給 xiaofengjiayuan 發送悄悄話 xiaofengjiayuan 的博客首頁 (378 bytes) () 07/29/2011 postreply 13:13:03

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”