US to offer Ukraine security-for-resources fund sharing ag.

US to offer Ukraine security-for-resources fund sharing agreement

The US will this week offer Ukraine a bilateral agreement which would guarantee the security of the country in exchange for joint share of the country's resources through a "Reconstruction Investment Fund", according to a draft of the document seen by Euronews and a source familiar with the proposal.


The bilateral agreement and the associated fund agreement "will constitute integral elements of the architecture of bilateral and multilateral agreements, as well as concrete steps to establish lasting peace", according to the document.

The draft agreement states that the US will maintain 100% financial interest in the fund, and will co-manage it jointly with Ukraine "to advance the economic value associated with the resources of Ukraine, including but not limited to mineral resources, oil and gas resources, and infrastructure and ports, until the fund is fully funded."

The fund will operate during the period of defending reconstructing and returning Ukraine to its year end 2021 GDP figure, according to the draft.

50% of contribution from the revenues to the fund is expected by the government of Ukraine, minus operating expenses, but there is an uplift in the contribution to 66% in respect of any territory currently occupied by Russia which may be de-occupied.


Contributions to the fund by Ukraine would continue "until the contributions reach the sum of USD 500 billion" according to the document.

The fund agreement "will separately provide that the Government of Ukraine will additionally contribute to the fund a sum equal to twice the amount that the US provides to Ukraine after the date of the agreement", the document states.

"To that end the [US] intends to provide a long-term financial commitment to the development of a stable and economically prosperous Ukraine," the document states.

The draft document seen by Euronews is dated 21 February 2025, but the source said that it was intended that the document be approved this Wednesday (26 February), "with no variations".

Neither the Ukraine nor US government had replied to requests for comment on the draft agreement at the time of publication.

Tense relations
Relations between Ukraine and the US have chilled since re-elected US president Donald Trump began negotiations to end the war directly with Russian authorities, sidelining Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and referring to him as a ‘dictator’ last week.

Several European leaders, including UK Prime Minister Keir Stamer and outgoing German Chancellor Olaf Scholz, defended Zelenskyy, following Trump's comment.


Ukraine entered the fourth year of war on 24 February, the date marking the anniversary of the war's beginning in 2022.

The EU's support for the country remains high on leaders' agenda. On 6 March, the President of the European Council, António Costa, convened an extraordinary summit of EU heads of state to discuss developments in the country and the EU's defence efforts.


European leaders back Ukraine's Zelenskyy after Trump calls him a 'dictator'
Yesterday Donald Trump said Russia's leader Vladimir Putin would accept European peacekeepers deployed to Ukraine as part of a potential deal to end the war.

Trump made the comments to reporters at the start of a meeting at the White House with French President Emmanuel Macron on the third anniversary of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

所有跟帖: 

俄羅斯也可以offer同樣的 -nancyjin5391- 給 nancyjin5391 發送悄悄話 (98 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 16:33:21

大嘴這是獅子大開口,乘人之危搶錢。無償援助1000億,現在卻要她償還5000億。 -justbuy168- 給 justbuy168 發送悄悄話 justbuy168 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 16:42:00

回想下當年晚清的不平等條約,嗬嗬,世界沒變 -CatcherInTheRye- 給 CatcherInTheRye 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 16:48:31

不對吧。這個fund美國control, 但用於烏克蘭重建。沒說給美國啊?我倒希望有部分還給美國 -Girlsmom92- 給 Girlsmom92 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 16:55:57

有些人好像屁股都歪在烏克蘭那了,這場戰爭不是美國造成的且美國已經捐給烏夠多了,現在這錢用於烏克蘭重建居然還有人不爽 -Sandcity2000- 給 Sandcity2000 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:29:12

最該捐錢被罰的是土共,沒有他們暗搓搓的大力支持鵝毛,戰爭都不會打這麽久,現在他們倒搖身一變成了調解人之一。 -Sandcity2000- 給 Sandcity2000 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:31:08

重建,買機器、參與重建的公司、那都是給美國公司提供賺錢的機會, -pisces-hk- 給 pisces-hk 發送悄悄話 pisces-hk 的博客首頁 (101 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:30:22

所以呢?美國納稅人活該被吸血? -Sandcity2000- 給 Sandcity2000 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:31:54

那是準備給美國賺錢啊。重建是大賺的生意 -辛民- 給 辛民 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:51:33

這當然對美國是好事!但並不是樓上說的”乘人之危搶錢”,”晚清的不平等條約”。我覺得很公平 -Girlsmom92- 給 Girlsmom92 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2025 postreply 17:59:57

是生意就對了。別把生意和無尚捐款混談。 -Progressive- 給 Progressive 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2025 postreply 01:25:42

今天的新聞看到了吧?大嘴的確是想錢想瘋了,想發烏克蘭國難財! -justbuy168- 給 justbuy168 發送悄悄話 justbuy168 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2025 postreply 01:54:00

照大嘴這邏輯,其它每個無償支援烏克蘭的如歐亞各國,都有權在該基金中持有股份並分紅。 -justbuy168- 給 justbuy168 發送悄悄話 justbuy168 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2025 postreply 02:42:00

憑什麽隻有美帝獨占?歐洲捐的錢比美帝多。 -justbuy168- 給 justbuy168 發送悄悄話 justbuy168 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2025 postreply 02:43:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!