2 H4 extensions may not work

來源: 思考的螞蟻 2023-02-04 15:23:53 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1468 bytes)
回答: Reply8632112023-02-04 11:02:05

your child may file I-539 for H4 extension from June 1 to July 1. Then, he/she can file another H-4 extension together with your H-1 extension with the effective date on July 1.

Yes. There seems to be multiple options to fix the I-94 gap. I have been struggling to figure out the best way.

If file my son's H4 extension alone from June 1 to Junly 1, it may take 8 months to get approved. The H1B status cannot wait until my son's alone H4 is approved. So, will have to file H1B/H4 when my son's previous H4 extension is pending. Then my son will have two H4 extensions in parallel. Either one may get approved before the other. If the second H4 extension (which is with H1B) gets approved before the first, then the first alone extension's I-94 will be approved late and overide the alreay approved I-94 as the attorney told me, that means my son will not have a valid I-94 after July 1. There is always only one latest I-94 which will take effective and all others will become invalid.

Finally, I decided to renew my son's passport and fix the I-94 gap by a travel to China or Mexico. Though it is troublesome, but it is the safest way I know for now.

Thank you for the professional suggestions, Teacher 8!

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”