You are right, it's the bond problem

來源: 檸檬椰子汁 2021-02-25 19:07:33 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1419 bytes)

Bond company requires citizen as administrator.  So you as a green card cannot get a bond. 

The bond company suggest you ask a citizen friend as an administrator.  But they also want a lawyer involved. 

In this situation, you have two choice

(1) ask the judge to drop the requirement of the probate bond because of your non-citizenship status, as well as you are the mother of the heir, there is some assumption of fiduciary dependability.  Of course it's better you provide witness or supporting evidence to show you are dependable and careful, such as gainfully employed, highly educated etc.

Or 

(2) you will have to step aside and ask a citizen friend to act as an administrator.  That way a bond could be purchased.  I think you have to try this first, before asking the judge to drop the bond requirement.  You'll have to show that there is no plausible alternative (such as the ex has no family member, no close friend suitable).  You don't have to show you don't have friends/relatives, because it is your ex's estate, as long as he has no relative/friends living nearby it is enough to show there is no plausible alternative administrator. 

This is the best I can come up with, I am not estate lawyer so this could be all wrong.  

所有跟帖: 

感謝耐心回複。 -DCherry- 給 DCherry 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2021 postreply 10:58:14

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”