Different cars have different tire pressure requirements set by

來源: khyang86 2010-08-09 22:12:48 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1203 bytes)
the manufacture. Usually you should follow the tire pressure numbers on the plate near the driver side B bar. However, in your case, I think you should do more research and maybe ask Ford for more advise. The old Ford Explorer had a high center of gravity due to its truck-based design. The Ford engineers found the vehicle could not pass Ford's own test of rollover risk. So in order to pass the test without major design changes, they found a easy way to reduce the risk. It was to lower the tire pressure so the vehicle can stay hold in an emergency. The trick was OK except that most tires will generate extra heat when rolling at high speed especially when tire pressure is low. The OEM Firestone tires on those Explorer could not withstood the heat and blow out in hot summer days because of the low tire pressure and killed several people. It was the famous Firestone tire recall. Today's tire may be better than 10 years ago and diving at normal temperature will be no problem. But you are in the middle of two bad choices. No matter what you choose, you will fall into one. High tire pressure and high rollover risk, or low tire pressure but possible tire blow out. I don't have an answer.

所有跟帖: 

多謝指教。小心駛得萬年船哈。 -滿地找牙- 給 滿地找牙 發送悄悄話 滿地找牙 的博客首頁 (109 bytes) () 08/09/2010 postreply 22:21:18

I would lower the tire pressures to 28-30 psi and change new.. -khyang86- 給 khyang86 發送悄悄話 (35 bytes) () 08/10/2010 postreply 09:14:01

I would not set pressure below 30psi especially on trucks. -BigV8- 給 BigV8 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 08/10/2010 postreply 13:25:30

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”