ACT II
Excuse me. Is this seat taken? 對不起 請問照 個座位有人嗎
No, it's not taken. 沒有 沒人坐
Oh, thank you. 啊 謝謝
Oh, let me help you with this. 來 我幫 放漢謾
Oh, thank you. 謝謝你。
Do you want to sit by the window? 想靠窗坐嗎
No, no, no. I like the aisle seat better. 不 不 不。撾蟻 歡坐在靠過道的地方。
Please, you sit by the window. 你請靠窗坐。
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart. 我姓Stewart………Malcolm Stewart
Pleased to meet you. 很高興遇見
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do? 我叫Elsa Tobiin 你好。
Do you live in New York? 住在紐約嗎
No, no. I'm from Florida. 不 我從佛羅 裏達來的。
I am, too. But didn't you just get on? 我也是。可是 不是剛上車的嗎
No, no. I just changed my seat. 不 不。我剛膊 換了一下座位。
A man next to me was smoking, 我旁邊的那個熱順
and smoke really bothers me. 我受不了。
Where are you from in Florida? 你從佛羅裏達檔 什麽地方來
Titusville. It's near Orlando. Titusville 栽貟rlando附近。
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too. 世界真小。我乙彩譴覶itusville來的。
Really? What part? 真的 什麽地
My husband and I live near Spaceport. 我和我丈夫住栽贇paceport附近。
I know that area. 我知道那地方
My house is only a few miles from Spaceport. 我的家離Spaceeport隻有幾哩路。
Do you still live there? 還住在那兒
Oh yes, yes. My husband's there now. 啊 對 對。撾 丈夫現在就在那兒。
He couldn't take time off to come to New York with me. 他走不開 沒鞍 法和我一 來紐約。
Do you still live there? 你現在還住那抖?
No. I sold the house and the furniture, 不。我把房子漢圖 俱都賣了
put a few personal things in an old trunk, 剩下一些東西販 進一個舊衣箱
and shipped it to my children in New York. 運到我孩子那抖 去了 他們住在紐約。
That's my destination. 那是我要去的檔 方。
Are you married? 你有家室嗎
My wife died four years ago. 我妻子四年前熱 世了。
She was a wonderful woman. A real friend. 她是個很好的排? 一個真正的朋友。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我為你難過 照 的為你難過。
I'm sorry. Really, I'm sorry. 我為你難過 照 的為你難過。
Lots of wonderful memories. 留下的是許多妹 好的回憶。
We were married almost fifty years. 我們結婚將近撾 十年。
Well, forty-seven, to be exact. 準確點說 四適 七年。
John and I celebrate our fortieth anniversary next month. 下個月John和撾醫 慶祝我們的結婚四十 年紀念。
Oh, congratulations! That's nice. 啊 恭喜你們 太好了。
What does John do? John現在做什鼢崾
He's an aerospace engineer 他擔任航太工吵淌
and works for Orlando Aircraft Corporation. 為Orlando飛機機公司工作
He started with them almost forty years ago. 他在那 做了靠 四十年了。
What do you do? 你現在做什麽構ぷ
I just retired. Had my own company. 我剛退休。我栽 來開一家公司
A construction company. Roads, bridges, big stuff. 一家營造公司 P蘼 築橋 都是大工程。
But I just sold it and retired. 我前不久把它侶嫋 然後退休。
Excuse me, ma'am. Ticket, please. 對不起 太太 車票請拿出來看一下。
Would you kindly hold these keys, please? 請幫我拿一下栽砍住
I have a ticket, I know. 我知道我有車破薄
I was in the smoking section. 我原本坐在吸 車廂的。
It's OK, lady. Take your time. 沒關 太太 B 慢來。
I'm sure it's in your purse, Mrs. Tobin. 我相信是在 檔 皮包 Tobin太太。
Oh, here it is. 哦 在這 。
And here are your keys. 的鑰匙。
Thank you. 謝謝。
Thank you. 謝謝。
Do you have family in New York? 在紐約有親熱寺
No, no. But I do have very close friends in New York City. 沒有。我在紐栽加 很要好的朋友。
We like to go to the theater together. 我們常一起去靠 戲。
You said you have family in New York. 你說你在紐約佑星 人。
Yes, indeed. 對 沒錯。
A son and his wife and their three children-- 有個兒子 還佑 兒媳婦以及 們的三個孩子
my grandchildren. 我的孫兒女們
You must be excited. 您一定很興奮
I can't wait, to see them! 我恨不得馬上技 到他們。
Are you going to live with them? 您打算和他們乙黃 住嗎
Yes. 對。
Permanently? 一直住下去
Well... they want me to, 這……他們希屯 這樣。
but it's too early to know for sure. 但我現在還不哪 決定。
I'm pretty independent. 我是獨立性很喬 的人。
I tried to teach my kids the importance of independence, 我總是告誡孩鬃用 獨立的重要。
but I'm not sure I want to be alone. 但我不知道我適 否想一個人生活。
Some people don't mind being alone. I do. 有些人不在乎抖 自生活 我在乎。
I understand. But tell me. 我能理解。告慫呶
Why did you stop working? 你為什麽要退
I retired because... I wanted to be with my family. 我退休是因為 …我想和全家人在一起。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一個熱 獨自生活了。
I didn't want to be alone anymore! 我不想再一個熱 獨自生活了。
What's your name?
My name is Stewart... Malcolm Stewart.
Pleased to meet you. What's your name?
I'm Elsa Tobin. How do you do?
How do you do? Where do you live?
In Titusville.
Where do you live?
Small world. I'm from Titusville, too.
It's a small, small world. How do you do?
Are you married? Yes or no?
Please tell me. Let me know.
John and I celebrate our 40th anniversary next month.
Congratulations. Congratulations.
What do you do?
Are you a doctor, a farmer, a mailman,
a lawyer, an artist, a salesman, a businessman
or a preacher, a high school teacher?
I just retired.
Do you have family in New York?
No.
No.
Do you have family in New York?
Yes, indeed.
I'm pleased to meet you. Pleased to meet you.
How do you do? I'm pleased to meet you.