看了一下她的blog. 壓力真大,看著真累。讓人質疑高強度數競對娃的利弊

來源: 風景線2 2024-02-19 21:17:32 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2100 bytes)
回答: 這不羅教授的女兒嗎?湖上散人2024-02-19 19:45:42

她的blog的一段

growing up, a lot of my friends (esp ones at my school) were not the nicest, most well-behaved people. a lot of them were problem children, or were quirky, or just weird. this was because the nice, well-behaved, normal kids always had an easy time finding friends, since they were attracted to other nice, well-behaved, normal kids. they would play normal games and with normal toys and did all the things normal kids did. I, as a math nerd, was never normal, and so none of my friends were normal either. they didn’t do math, but were always somewhat strange in some way-- really shy, tomboyish, obsessed with reading, had a quick temper, or something else. back when there were no such thing as “nerds”, I was just part of that mismatched group of “weird people”.

另一段

I don’t think the word “break” is in my parents’ dictionary— my dad goes on business trips giving talks every single day that he doesn’t have to teach at CMU, and hence is never at home during holidays. my mom has online meetings at midnight and 6am on some days (and like a lot of the rest of the day too) and thus cannot possibly get enough sleep. they both work every hour of the day— we’ve never had family outings or played games or really done anything as a family together, other than when I was really young, because of this. I literally never see my parents do anything for their own pleasure, except for like very occasionally playing a game with my sister, but that’s just to make her happy, not themselves. I know they really care about us, but they also really care about their work, which they’re trying to make the world better through. but the more I think about this the more I realize how wrong it is to do things for my own pleasure.

I should really help my mom with housework or something because she’s so busy, but in the past whenever I’ve tried this she’s always told me to go study instead

所有跟帖: 

真實人生 -gladys- 給 gladys 發送悄悄話 gladys 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/19/2024 postreply 21:39:57

正在推娃中的家長都應該看一下,看從小孩的角度怎麽想,特別是不相信reddit上控訴亞裔家長的 -風景線2- 給 風景線2 發送悄悄話 (97 bytes) () 02/20/2024 postreply 05:02:25

我認為羅教授的“激自己”超過“雞娃”,所以,結果會比隻雞娃放任自己的家長好很多很多。 -思想的自由- 給 思想的自由 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2024 postreply 05:12:27

應該吧。別的娃比他女兒心裏可能抱怨父母更多。不過他女兒承受的期望值比一般家庭更高 -風景線2- 給 風景線2 發送悄悄話 (52 bytes) () 02/20/2024 postreply 05:45:54

看了太震驚了, 怪不得俺家啥成就也沒有, 全家一年不少時間浪費在吃喝玩樂上了。 -twoboyss- 給 twoboyss 發送悄悄話 twoboyss 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2024 postreply 06:19:58

Don't know if the AO read her blog and then made decisions -真的不懂股市- 給 真的不懂股市 發送悄悄話 真的不懂股市 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/20/2024 postreply 12:03:50

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”