又是一個被踢出家門成功的例子

來源: tax2 2023-05-23 12:43:19 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (24345 bytes)

Early life

Butler was born in Houston on September 14, 1989.[5][6] His father abandoned the family when Butler was an infant. By the time he was 13 years old and living in the Houston suburb of Tomball, his mother kicked him out of the house. As Butler remembered it in a 2011 interview, she told him, "I don't like the look of you. You gotta go." He then bounced between the homes of various friends, staying for a few weeks at a time before moving to another house.[7] Despite all of this, Butler maintains a close relationship with his parents, saying, "I don't hold grudges. I still talk to my family. My mom. My father. We love each other. That's never going to change."[8][9]

In a summer basketball league before his senior year at Tomball High School, he was noticed by Jordan Leslie, a freshman football and basketball player at the school, who challenged him to a three-point shooting contest. The two immediately became friends, and Butler began staying at Leslie's house. Although his friend's mother and stepfather, who had six other children between them, were reluctant at first, they took him in within a few months. Butler would later say, "They accepted me into their family. And it wasn't because of basketball. She [Michelle Lambert, Leslie's mother] was just very loving. She just did stuff like that. I couldn't believe it."[7]

As a junior at Tomball High, Butler averaged 10 points per game. As a senior and team captain in 2006–07, Butler averaged 19.9 points and 8.7 rebounds per game and was subsequently voted his team's most valuable player.

Butler was not heavily recruited coming out of high school and chose to attend Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas.

所有跟帖: 

圖片 -tax2- 給 tax2 發送悄悄話 (82 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 12:45:03

Net Worth: $80 Million -tax2- 給 tax2 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 12:46:29

順序顛倒了,先成豎碑立傳的例子,踢出家門才有光輝。 -mmmwww- 給 mmmwww 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 13:03:09

沒有講他是不是trouble 孩子,就因為媽不喜歡他的“look”,就“gotta go”? 有些孩子也真是可憐。 -ADHDMom- 給 ADHDMom 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 13:24:05

應該是吧,不然家長能舍得把他踢出去?現在這麽成功,家長巴不得認領孩子呢 -tax2- 給 tax2 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 14:17:20

體育運動員這樣居無定所,說不定是能成功的, 也是個例。 -amiyumi- 給 amiyumi 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 05/23/2023 postreply 13:35:31

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”