You are a good parent.

來源: One1618 2020-11-23 08:59:52 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1630 bytes)
回答: 孩子特要上進怎麽辦?m16882020-11-23 04:39:00

經常喊我有壓力。問他具體在哪些事上有壓力。不知道。 Ask him if he feels the pressure is from the parents. Be specific.

現在在申請大學。覺得自己若進不了T5會很遺憾。Think: If I get in, I'd be a lucky dog. (glee).  Realize that most kids don't go to an Ivy.

他覺得附近往年進T5的好多各方麵不如他。Think: They must have a lot of good points. And they were lucky.

昨天又來說今年M 的早申有15000多人,去年隻有9000多人。T5申請人數肯定爆棚。不利的消息越多,孩子越焦慮。

"Do not distract yourself with things you have no control over.  It's a waste of time and energy.  The mind has a way to fool itself because dwelling on those things is an easier task."

He was telling you (the parent) to lower your expectations.  It was a chance for you to let him know that whatever school he gets in, it's a result of his efforts, that is good enough for you and you'd be very proud of him.

平時給他灌輸州大也是挺好的。Say it like you mean it and take him to the school ground for a picnic.

This is hard to do in a short time but worth trying.  Move your (the kid's) "reference point" away from other people and into yourself.  Let the "self" fill your mind.  Ask not "how do I compare with the other person?" but ask "Am I smarter and wiser than yesterday or last year?"

所有跟帖: 

覺得別人都不如自己這個的確需要修煉一下,不然一輩子開心不了。 -aacaac- 給 aacaac 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2020 postreply 09:20:29

很好的建議。謝謝。 -m1688- 給 m1688 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 11/23/2020 postreply 11:48:00

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”