英女王2014聖誕致辭:耶穌是和解和饒恕的榜樣(附中英全文)

來源: insight333 2014-12-31 03:12:54 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (20534 bytes)
在今年的致辭中,女王特別強調“和解”概念。也許今年很多的時事讓我們看到和解的重要性,比如蘇格蘭公投給英國帶來的分裂等。女王回憶了100年前也就是第一次世界大戰中的一次“聖誕休戰”。
女王認為,耶穌是這個世界和解與饒恕的最好典範。和往年一樣,女王再次表明自己追隨耶穌基督的信念,
伊麗莎白二世是於1952年首次發表聖誕致辭,之後每年一次。聖誕致辭是由女王本人親自執筆。講話提前錄製,並在25日聖誕節當天下午通過電視播放。
以下是女王聖誕節致辭中英全文:
在考文垂大教堂的廢墟上有一尊雕塑,一男一女張開雙臂擁抱彼此。這尊塑像源自於一個女人在戰後以步行的方式橫跨歐洲千裏尋夫的故事。相同的雕像還可以在貝爾法斯特和柏林被找到,人們賦予它一個簡單的名字,叫做“和解”。
“和解”是一場衝突之後的和平結局。8月份的時候,當一戰雙方國家聚集在一起和平紀念的時候,我們想起了這個這個詞匯。倫敦塔頂的陶瓷罌粟花萬人矚目,但真正看到它們並且在它們中間穿過的時候,你唯一的反映就是沉默。每一朵罌粟花代表一個逝去的生命,也是對至親們的哀思。
參戰的人可能已逝,但我們銘記他們的犧牲,同樣也銘記那些當今服務和保衛我們的陸海空三軍將士們的貢獻。
1914年的時候,很多人以為戰爭會在聖誕前結束,不過不幸的是,戰壕卻在進一步擴大,歐洲的戰局也初步形成。但是,據我們所知,那個聖誕,也就是100年前的今天,的確發生了一些不尋常的事情。在沒有任何指令和命令的情況下,德國和英國的士兵走出戰壕在無人區自發休戰,有照片記載他們交換禮物,這是聖誕休戰。
“休戰”並不是新事物,在古代,奧林匹克運動會時,也會休戰,所有戰爭和爭端在那時會暫緩。“運動”也是一個將所有人和國家匯聚在一起的極佳方法,比如今年的格拉斯哥,超過70多個國家參加的英聯邦運動會。
英聯邦運動會又叫“親善友誼運動會”絕非偶然,它既促進了國家之間的對話,又首創性的在賽事中融合了很多其它項目(英聯邦運動會既有殘疾人項目,也包含了一些流行於英聯邦國家的項目如草地滾球、七人製橄欖球和無網籃球等)。而隨後的“不可征服運動會”(專門負傷軍人舉辦的運動會),運動員們的勇氣,決心和才華既給我們留下了深刻的印象,同時也消除瓦解了隔閡和分級。
我今年6月去貝爾法斯特,和解的意義顯而易見,盡管大家對我參觀“權利的遊戲”片場關心的比較多,但克拉姆林道監獄之行卻曆曆在目。曾經紛爭中的監獄如今卻是一個充滿希望和主旨鮮明的地方,提醒大家擁抱彼此已成可能,而不再像雕像中的那對夫妻那樣。
當然,和解有不同的形式。蘇格蘭公投之後,不少人會很失望,但有些人則感到欣慰。聯把“和解”帶去戰爭或應急區是個更難的任務,我今年被無私的救援人員和醫務誌願者深深感動,他們冒著個人的危險,到國外去幫助解決衝突,去幫助例如埃博拉等疾病的受害者。
對於我來說,耶穌---和平之君,他的生日,也就是我們聖誕慶祝的原因,是我生命中的鼓舞和依靠。作為和解和饒恕的榜樣,耶穌伸出了在愛、接納和醫治的雙手,基督的榜樣教導我去追尋:尊重和珍惜每一個人,無論信仰如何。
有時候“和解”看起來在戰爭和爭端中的可能性很小,但是,正如一個世紀前的聖誕節休戰提醒我們的:和平和友好意願在世人心中有著更恒久的力量。在1914年的那個寒冷平安夜,很多德國軍人唱響“平安夜”這首歌,那令人忘懷的旋律跨越了戰線。那首聖誕頌歌今天依然倍受歡迎,是聖誕休戰的遺產,也是在提醒我們:即使在最絕望的地方,希望仍在。
祝大家聖誕快樂。
英文全文:
In the ruins of the old Coventry Cathedral is a sculpture of a man and a woman reaching out to embrace each other. The sculptor was inspired by the story of a woman who crossed Europe on foot after the war to find her husband. Casts of the same sculpture can be found in Belfast and Berlin, and it is simply called Reconciliation.
Reconciliation is the peaceful end to conflict, and we were reminded of this in August when countries on both sides of the First World War came together to remember in peace. The ceramic poppies at the Tower of London drew millions, and the only possible reaction to seeing them and walking among them was silence. For every poppy a life; and a reminder of the grief of loved ones left behind.
No-one who fought in that war is still alive, but we remember their sacrifice and indeed the sacrifice of all those in the armed forces who serve and protect us today.
In 1914, many people thought the war would be over by Christmas, but sadly by then the trenches were dug and the future shape of the war in Europe was set. But, as we know, something remarkable did happen that Christmas, exactly a hundred years ago today. Without any instruction or command, the shooting stopped and German and British soldiers met in No Man’s Land. Photographs were taken and gifts exchanged. It was a Christmas truce.
Truces are not a new idea. In the ancient world a truce was declared for the duration of the Olympic Games and wars and battles were put on hold. Sport has a wonderful way of bringing together people and nations, as we saw this year in Glasgow when over seventy countries took part in the Commonwealth Games. It is no accident that they are known as the Friendly Games. As well as promoting dialogue between nations, the Commonwealth Games pioneered the inclusion of para-sports within each day’s events. As with the Invictus Games that followed, the courage, determination and talent of the athletes captured our imagination as well as breaking down divisions.
The benefits of reconciliation were clear to see when I visited Belfast in June. While my tour of the set of Game of Thrones may have gained most attention, my visit to the Crumlin Road Gaol will remain vividly in my mind. What was once a prison during the troubles is now a place of hope and fresh purpose; a reminder of what is possible when people reach out to one another, rather like the couple in the sculpture.
Of course, reconciliation takes different forms. In Scotland after the referendum many felt great disappointment, while others felt great relief; and bridging these differences will take time. Bringing reconciliation to war or emergency zones is an even harder task, and I have been deeply touched this year by the selflessness of aid workers and medical volunteers who have gone abroad to help victims of conflict or of diseases like Ebola, often at great personal risk.
For me, the life of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace, whose birth we celebrate today, is an inspiration and an anchor in my life. A role-model of reconciliation and forgiveness, he stretched out his hands in love, acceptance and healing. Christ’s example has taught me to seek to respect and value all people of whatever faith or none.
Sometimes it seems that reconciliation stands little chance in the face of war and discord. But, as the Christmas truce a century ago reminds us, peace and goodwill have lasting power in the hearts of men and women.
On that chilly Christmas Eve in 1914 many of the German forces sang “Silent Night”, its haunting melody inching across the line. That carol is still much-loved today, a legacy of the Christmas truce, and a reminder to us all that even in the unlikeliest of places hope can still be found.
A very happy Christmas to you all.
(中文來源於微博@謝侃老師的翻譯,英文來源於英國王室官網。)

所有跟帖: 

取消幹部終身製!堅決要求老太太讓賢,讓兒孫們也過過癮! -板凳球迷- 給 板凳球迷 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 01/02/2015 postreply 06:51:11

這和當年反毛主席類似呀。 -lao.u168- 給 lao.u168 發送悄悄話 (15 bytes) () 01/02/2015 postreply 08:32:19

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”