貓班提到土生土長溫哥華人對多溫的比較,感覺很有道理;翻譯了一下貼過來

來源: 巴黎到羅馬 2023-06-02 17:23:37 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (9205 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ 巴黎到羅馬 ] 在 2023-06-02 17:28:13 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

我在這兩個城市都住過,所以我對這個話題有很多話可以說。溫哥華長大、多倫多生活了一年、然後又回溫哥華,現在仍然經常去多倫多工作和拜訪朋友。盡管許多人將它們進行比較,但它們並沒有真正的可比性——它們是截然不同的生活方式。我個人在溫哥華更快樂,因為我是一個徹頭徹尾的西海岸人——但多倫多是一個不可思議的城市:它更有活力、更有文化,以及總體上良好的氛圍。令人驚奇的是,您可以探索這座城市多年,並且仍然每天都能發現令人興奮或新鮮的新事物。它有很多不同的社區,充滿活力、生活和秘密有待發現。社交方麵人們更加開放:多倫多人希望每個人都參與其中,即使他們隻是認識你。相比之下,溫哥華人冷漠、愛挑剔、封閉且不太喜歡社交。多倫多人提議活動計劃時,他們是認真的;而在溫哥華,任何事情的計劃都不是真正的計劃,可以隨心所欲地放棄甚至虛構。
到了晚上,多倫多充滿生機和活力,溫哥華無法比擬。夏天去過 Ossington 或 College 或 Queen West 嗎?OMG!與溫哥華舉辦過的最好的城市夏季節日相比,多倫多平時周末晚上的活動、興奮和熱愛生活的人們更多。
溫哥華是地球上最美麗的城市之一。它提供了很多東西,我很高興住在這裏,也很自豪來自這裏,沒有哪個地方能更好地融合自然和城市生活,但它確實是一個內向的城市,人們堅持自己的小部落或社交圈,任何行業中的一切都是有關卡。多倫多想要擁抱人們並包容他們;他們也比溫哥華更重視工作文化和日常工作,但在晚上,他們知道如何放鬆。溫哥華人可以整天在海灘上抽大麻、晚上 11 點前就睡了。
這兩個令人難以置信的城市都位於一個令人敬畏的國家,但在人們社交和享受生活的方式以及他們所看重的方麵卻大相徑庭。溫哥華讓人瞬間墜入愛河,然後當人們意識到它是多麽缺乏個性時,人們往往會慢慢地失戀。多倫多在表麵上並沒有那麽漂亮,但隨著您對她的了解越多,您就會愛上她的餘生。
這些顯然都是概括,但我堅信是真正感受。如果您決定嚐試一下多倫多,並且您是那種熱愛真正城市的人,我保證您不會後悔。
PS:也請不要稱它“溫(Van)”,這樣說會讓一個真正的溫哥華人心死;這是我們奇特的內向門衛文化的一部分,他們(我們)會這樣判斷你、即使他們什麽也不說。

I've lived in both cities so I have a lot to say on this subject. Vancouver most of my life, Toronto for a year, then back to Vancouver. Still travel to Toronto often for work and to visit friends. They're not really comparable although many people compare them - they offer completely different things and cater to very different lifestyles. I'm happier in Vancouver personally because I'm a west coast human through and through - but Toronto is an incredible city. It has so much more energy, culture, just good vibes in general. It is amazing how you can explore the city for years and still find new things that are exciting or new every day. It has so many diverse neighborhoods just bustling with energy and life and secrets to be discovered. People are much more open and social, Torontonians want to include everyone in everything, even if they just met you. Vancouver people are cold, clicky, closed-off and quite anti-social in comparison. In Toronto when someone makes plans, they really mean it. Versus Vancouver where plans for anything are never really plans and can be dropped or even ghosted on a whim.

At night Toronto just bursts at the seams with life and vibrancy. Vancouver has nothing that compares in the slightest. Ever been on Ossington or College or Queen West in the summer? Good lord. An average Friday or Saturday night has more action, excitement and people loving life than even the best city summer festivals Vancouver has ever put on.

Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities on Earth. It has a lot to offer, I'm very happy to live here and proud to be from here, no place blends nature and urban living better, but it's really a city of introverts and people who stick to their own small tribe or social circle. Everything in any industry is gate-kept and made inaccessible by design. Toronto wants to embrace people and include them. They also value work culture and the daily grind a lot more than Vancouver which is the complete opposite. But at night they know how to get loose. Vancouverites get stoned on the beach all day and are in bed by 11pm.

Both incredible cities in an awesome country to live in, but couldn't be more different in terms of how people socialize and enjoy life, and what they value. Vancouver makes people fall in love instantly, then slowly often people fall out of love when they realize how lacking in personality it is. Toronto isn't nearly as pretty on the surface, but it's the girl you fall in love with for the rest of your life the more you get to know her.

These are all obviously generalizations but I stand by them. If you make the decision to give Toronto a try and you're the type of person who loves a real city, I promise you won't regret it.

PS: also please don't call it 'Van' nothing makes a real Vancouverite die inside more than hearing a transplant call the city this. It’s part of our weird introverted gate keepy culture but it's a real thing they(us) will judge you for even if they don't say anything about it.

所有跟帖: 

溫哥華我不敢說,但此人對多倫多的感受和我相似:多倫多族裔社區多、各族裔(從愛爾蘭到意大利希臘烏克蘭到… -巴黎到羅馬- 給 巴黎到羅馬 發送悄悄話 巴黎到羅馬 的博客首頁 (246 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 17:25:16

此人對溫哥華負麵評價居多,但是還是選擇在溫哥華生活,說明溫哥華讓人留戀的東西也很多。此人隻提到了溫哥華的美麗以及… -巴黎到羅馬- 給 巴黎到羅馬 發送悄悄話 巴黎到羅馬 的博客首頁 (245 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 17:26:11

難得有關於溫哥華的帖子, 找回密碼參與一下。 -林依- 給 林依 發送悄悄話 林依 的博客首頁 (578 bytes) () 06/02/2023 postreply 22:46:47

有道理。那個人對溫哥華可能是愛之深恨之切LOL -巴黎到羅馬- 給 巴黎到羅馬 發送悄悄話 巴黎到羅馬 的博客首頁 (209 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 07:46:30

溫哥華有山有海,自然條件好太多了。多倫多雖然也臨水,但是大部分是平地,這個給人的氣質的潛移默化是不同的。 -borisg- 給 borisg 發送悄悄話 borisg 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 00:12:53

溫哥華是一個更適合華人生活的美麗中型城市,如江南般溫惋, 多倫多是大城市,各種活動更多,人口多 -Vaseline123- 給 Vaseline123 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 06:20:19

新鮮到溫哥華總會有個蜜月期,住久了就可像我一樣橫挑鼻子豎挑眼,習慣就好了。商界政界總想改變溫哥華的resort city -delta- 給 delta 發送悄悄話 (243 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 08:36:45

“溫哥華讓人瞬間墜入愛河…慢慢地失戀”LOL -巴黎到羅馬- 給 巴黎到羅馬 發送悄悄話 巴黎到羅馬 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 08:44:07

說得不錯!以前電視新聞上常看到那些政客和地產大佬在誇誇其談溫哥華如何如何吸引世界的注意力時,我就想笑: -delta- 給 delta 發送悄悄話 (227 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 09:03:01

這段話客觀中肯,你翻譯得很不錯。 -小黑貓- 給 小黑貓 發送悄悄話 小黑貓 的博客首頁 (128 bytes) () 06/03/2023 postreply 20:47:39

盡管隻是去旅遊過,感覺比較還真是有些像。多倫多像悉尼,紐約,倫敦等大城市;溫哥華像墨爾本等。 -yingjia- 給 yingjia 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 06/04/2023 postreply 14:51:23

翻譯的好。1996年我陪蔣大為在洛基山玩,他告訴我已經移民多倫多。我說溫哥華更好,結果他真來了。 -水星98- 給 水星98 發送悄悄話 水星98 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 06/07/2023 postreply 06:29:05

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”