登乞力馬紮羅山 - tips for Kilimanjaro

來源: gx123 2006-11-14 06:38:14 [] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1508 bytes)
For those who are interested in mountain climbing; Kilimanjaro, at 5895m or 19,335 ft, is the roof of Africa and one of the 7 continental summits (after 8848m Everest of Asia, 6960m Aconcagua of S. America, and 6200m McKinley of N. America.) It is one of the few which can just be hiked and non-technical.

It offers such a dramatic contrast: at 1st (day) you walk in tropical rain forest, 2nd (day) in bush, 3rd on barren, followed by perminant ice above Gilman Point (5700m), which is reached by 75-80% of the climbers (who will be given a green certificate). The success rate to the summit (Uhuru peak) is about 40% (golden certificate). Most people take Diamox, except me, when I was there last time.

Since everyone has to buy a package from the locals, it is the best to shop around in Moshi, which is cheaper than in Arusha, Dar, or booking from overseas. The shortest package is 5D/4N, costing about $850-1000 (out of which >$520 goes to the government). It is better to go sooner, for the price is up all the time (the climbing fee of Aconcagua, e.g., was $250 a few years ago, now reached $700-1000). Of course one can always add $120-140 for an extra day of acclimatization.

While many recommend the western route (sleeping in tents), I prefer Mandara route, which allows for better sleep (in wooden huts).

It is located in Northern Tanzania, not too far away from Serengeti - beyond which you won't want to see any more animal parks.

<>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”