Grand Cayman

來源: 風裏飛奔 2016-07-03 06:00:17 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5120 bytes)

On March 23 I went to Grand Cayman, we visited the turtle farm, Grand Cayman and seven miles beach.

First I went to the Grand Cayman Turtle farm to see Turtles habitat. I saw two pools one pool had baby turtles in it the other pool had the adult turtles. I went into a pool I tried to hold a turtle but I was scared of holding it. After I went to the crocodile exhibit there was a saltwater crocodile resting on the grass. The turtle nursery has about 2000 turtles there and lays about 1000 eggs for baby sea turtles to hatch and go into the pool. The nursery took some sea turtles from the Atlantic Ocean and was raised in the Grand Cayman turtle farm. The Grand Cayman turtle farm was built in 1968.

Next I went to the dolphin discovery centre and saw an instructor train the dolphin, and the dolphin splashed water on the people. You have 5 choices one is where you kiss the dolphin on the lips, the other is playing with the dolphin. I saw some people swim with two dolphins and you can get a photo with the two dolphins. The dolphin surfed on water somehow it was cool.

After that I went to the seven mile beach to walk around and see the view of the ocean, I also went snorkeling. We took some pictures and went back to our cruise ship.

I had a fun time during visiting Grand Cayman, It is a pretty place.

The history paragraph is copied from another website.

History of the Grand Cayman turtle farm:

In 1968-1978 they collected green sea turtles from Ascension Island, Costa Rica, Guyana and Suriname approximately 477,644 eggs were collected from the herd of turtles.

In 1973 mating and hatching in captivity was achieved.

In 1975 A turtle hatches at the Farm, is reared to sexual maturity and is able to mate and nest with a hatch rate of 33 percent.

In 1980 The Farm introduces a small group of yearling and hatchling Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtles - to establish a captive breeding colony of this endangered species and to obtain further biological data on this species in a controlled environment.

In 1983 The Turtle Farm reaches another operational milestone when the Cayman Islands Government purchases it from its previous owners and is incorporated as Cayman Turtle Farm Ltd.

更多我的博客文章>>>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”