Belize Zoo

來源: 風裏飛奔 2016-07-03 05:57:48 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (5381 bytes)

On March 27, 2015 I went to Belize Zoo which is located in Belize City, South America.

IMG_1860

When I go through the ticket shop where people can buy tickets to get access to the inside. The charge for one kid is $6 and for one adult it is $13. Just across from the ticket shop is a big tapir enclosure inside there is 5 tapirs. The national animal of Belize is the tapir. It is in the cow family so they are closely related to the cow, rhino and other species.

IMG_1887

Next we went to see crocodiles, which is 50m away from the big Tapir Enclosure.

The Crocodile enclosure is on the left hand side when people entered the Belize Zoo and walked about 1oo meters straight forward from the main entrance. . There is an interesting story about the crocodiles in Belize Zoo One day a zookeeper put some birds on the other side of the crocodile enclosure. One day after the zookeeper came to check the enclosure and found out that some birds were gone and became less and less he thought something really strange happened.  He wanted to find out what happened. After he found out that the crocodiles dug (pass tense of dig) a tunnel under the bridge and at night the crocodiles could go through the tunnel and ate some birds. It is unbelievable that crocodiles are smart and can play trick.

After that I went to the Jaguar Enclosure that is on the right hand side. I saw a jaguar named Junior Buddy, whose Mom is Springfield, laying on a log at the far inside of the cage curiously staring at the people around the cage.  Most of the time Buddy might feel lonely and bury his head and slept.  Another jaguar, whose name is unknown, ever went into a farm and killed some farmer’s sheep and was captured and shut in the Jaguar Enclosure as well. Springfield had a severe infestation of parasites and was treated for a few months and suffered a lot when she was pregnant. She finally gave birth to a healthy cub named Junior Buddy. The Jaguar belongs to the Cat family.

IMG_1851

After visiting Belize Zoo I found it very interesting to learn some new things from the tour guide.

更多我的博客文章>>>
請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”