分號的紋身 挺感人的一個故事

來源: 顫音 2019-01-05 16:16:36 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (12745 bytes)

我的一個美國朋友在他的書中寫道這個, 他自己也在手腕上有 

The Semicolon Tattoo

What is a semicolon tattoo? Yes, these tattoos are SMALL, but the meaning of semicolon tattoos are huge…

In writing, the semicolon separates two thoughts but indicates they share something in common. Everyday individuals that don’t write often might never use the semicolon. It’s becoming one of the most popular tattoos in the country right now, though.

Struggling with symptoms that remain undiagnosed?

Could the foods you eat be the issue?

An intolerance test can help you find the cause.

Click here to find out more>>

Tattoo artists continue to draw small semicolons onto thousands of eager customers’ bodies.

But why? What does a semicolon tattoo mean?

Amy Bleuel fought against mental illness and depression throughout her life.

In fact, she lost her father to suicide some time ago.

That spurred Bleuel to create Project Semicolon in 2013. The project started as a way of honoring her father, and now it symbolizes hope for a countless number of people.

Project Semicolon’s website makes a simple statement on this punctuation mark.

The semicolon tattoo meaningIt states that the optional semicolon continues a sentence rather than ending one like an abrupt period.

Therefore, each human being is the author that chooses to keep the sentence (life) going on. Many individuals struggling with depression, self-harm and other ailments can embrace the semicolon.

They can relate to the sentence-ending (life-ending) period, too.

In 2015, my husband took his own life after battling bi-polar disease his entire adult life. I now have a semi-colon tattoo on my wedding ring finger to recognize his struggle. One day, a waitress noticed the tattoo and, in obvious recognition of its meaning, simply said, “I like your tattoo.” We smiled, in a comforting sisterhood.

A Message From Project Semicolon

Based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Project Semicolon attempts to tell each person that the story isn’t over.

It’s a faith-based nonprofit that encourages each person to keep battling depression, self-harm and other issues.

semicolon depression

The semicolon originally represented its founder’s father. Since then, it has grown to represent millions of people that want to share their stories and continue them until the proper ending is written. Please don’t suffer in silence.

所有跟帖: 

I hope it can work, at least we can pay more attention to the pe -雪晶- 給 雪晶 發送悄悄話 雪晶 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2019 postreply 17:51:38

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”