(中英對照)絕妙的辯論 - 科學與信仰

A wonderful Debate

絕妙的辯論

 

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ?

教授:你是一個基督徒,是嗎, 孩子?

Student : Yes, sir.

學生:先生,是的。

Professor: So, you believe in GOD ?

教授:所以你相信上帝?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

學生:那絕無問題,先生。

Professor : Is GOD good ?

教授:上帝對你好嗎?

Student : Sure.

學生:當然啦。

Professor: Is GOD all powerful ?

教授:上帝是全能的嗎?

Student : Yes.

學生:是的。

Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn’t. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

教授:我的兄弟得了癌症,他祈禱上帝治愈他的病,可是他死了。我們大多人都是希望幫助生病的人,但是上帝沒有。這位上帝好在哪裏呢?嗯?

(Student was silent.)

(學生默默無語。)

Professor: You can’t answer, can you? Let’s start again, young fella. Is GOD good?

教授:你無法回答這個問題,是嗎?讓我們再重頭開始。上帝好嗎?

Student: Yes.

學生:是的。

Professor: Is satan good?

教授:撒旦好嗎?

Student : No.

學生:不好。

Professor: Where does satan come from?

教授:撒旦是從哪裏來的?

Student : From … GOD …

學生:是......上帝造的......

Professor: That’s right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

教授:這就對了。孩子,告訴我這個世界上有邪惡的東西嗎?

Student : Yes.

學生:有的。

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn’t it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

教授:邪惡的東西到處存在,是嗎? 而且上帝創造了世上所有的事和物,正確嗎?

Student: Yes.

學生:正確。

Professor: So who created evil?

教授:那麽誰創造了邪惡的東西呢?

(Student did not answer.)

(學生沒有回答)

Professor: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don’t they?

教授:有沒有疾病?不道德?仇恨?醜惡?所有這些可怕事物都存在世界上,是嗎?

Student : Yes, sir

學生:先生,是的。

Professor: So, who created them ?

教授:那麽誰製造了這些可怕的事物的?

(Student had no answer.)

(學生沒有回答)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son, have you ever seen GOD?

教授:科學說人有五官,用來識別和觀察人周圍的世界。孩子,告訴我,你見過上帝嗎?

Student : No, sir.

學生:沒有。

Professor: Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

教授:告訴我你聽到上帝說話嗎?

Student : No , sir.

學生:沒有。

Professor: Have you ever felt your GOD, tasted your GOD, smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any sensory perception of GOD for that matter?

教授:你觸摸過上帝,嚐到上帝,聞到上帝嗎?你的感官感覺到上帝嗎?

Student: No, sir. I’m afraid I haven’t.

學生:先生,沒有。恐怕從來沒有感覺到上帝。

Professor: Yet you still believe in Him?

教授:盡管如此,你還是相信上帝。

Student: Yes.

學生:是的。

Professor: According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn’t exist. What do you say to that, son?

教授:根據經驗的,可證實的,可舉例的說法,科學宣布你的上帝是不存在的。孩子,你對此如何評論?

Student : Nothing. I only have my faith.

學生:沒有可評論的。我隻有我的信仰。

Professor: Yes, faith. And that is the problem Science has.

教授:哈哈,信仰。這就是科學要麵對的問題。

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

學生:教授,有沒有叫做熱的東西。

Professor: Yes.

教授:有啊。

Student : And is there such a thing as cold?

學生:有沒有叫做冷的東西。

Professor: Yes.

教授:有的。

Student : No, sir. There isn’t.

學生:不對,先生,沒有叫做冷的東西。

(The lecture theater became very quiet with this turn of events.)

(隨時討論方向的轉變,授課大廳變得非常安靜。)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don’t have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can’t go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

學生:先生,你可以有很多的熱,更多的熱,超熱,巨熱,白炙熱,一點點熱,或者沒有熱。但是沒有一種叫做冷的東西。我們可能碰到零下458度(華氏絕對零度-譯者注),沒有一點熱,到了這個溫度東西是無法再冷下去了。世界上沒有叫做冷的東西。冷這個字是我們用來形容缺乏熱。我們沒法衡量冷。熱一種能量。冷不是熱的對立麵,先生,冷隻不過是沒有熱而已。

(There was pin-drop silence in the lecture theater.)

(教室裏安靜的能聽到針掉在地上的聲音)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

學生:那麽黑暗又是怎麽一回事,教授?有沒有叫做黑暗的東西?

Professor: Yes. What is night if there isn’t darkness?

教授:有啊,沒有黑暗夜晚又是什麽呢?

Student: You’re wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light. But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn’t it? In reality, darkness isn’t. If it is, well you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn’t you?

學生:您又錯了,先生。所謂黑暗隻是缺少一樣東西。您可以有微光,正常光亮,炫目的光亮,閃光。如果您一直沒有光您就看不到任何東西,這就叫做黑暗,對嗎?實際上,黑暗是不存在的。如果黑暗存在,您就有能力讓黑暗變得更暗,是嗎?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, young man?

教授:年輕人,你想說明什麽問題呢?

Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

學生:先生,我想說的是您的哲學前提是有缺陷的。

Professor: Flawed? Can you explain how?

教授:有缺陷?你可以解釋一下嗎?

Student : Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good GOD and a bad GOD. You are viewing the concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, Science can’t even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one. To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

學生:先生,您的前提是二重論,並據此作出推論。您說世上有生也有死,有好的上帝和不好的上帝。您把上帝看成是一件有限可變的東西,一樣我們可以衡量的東西。先生,科學甚至無法說明思想是什麽。思想使用電和磁場(指人的神經傳導是電傳導-譯者注),可是我們誰也沒見著思想,更不用說充分了解產生思想的電和磁場了。把死亡看成是生命的對立麵,是無視死亡是無法證實的這樣一個事實。死亡不是生命的對立麵,隻是沒有生命而已。教授,請您告訴我,您教給學生知識說他們是從猴子進化來的嗎?

Professor: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

教授:如果你指的是自然進化的過程,是的,我當然是這麽教的。

Student : Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

學生:先生,您親眼見到過進化的過程嗎?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going.)

(教授微笑著搖搖頭,他開始理解這場辯論要向哪一個方向發展。)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor. Are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

學生:所以說沒人親眼觀察到進化的過程是如何發生的,甚至無法證明進化過程是否正在發生。可您不是在教授您的觀點嗎,先生?您不是科學家,是牧師吧?

(The class was in uproar.)

(教室裏開始喧鬧了。)

Student : Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor’s brain?

學生:教室裏有人看到過教授的大腦嗎?

(The class broke out into laughter. )

(教室裏響起一陣哄笑聲。)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor’s brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

學生:這裏有沒有人聽到過教授的大腦,感覺到,觸摸過或者聞到過教授的大腦?看來沒人有這樣的經曆。據此,根據已經建立的經驗規則,穩妥的,能證明的說法,科學宣布您是沒有大腦的。先生,我仍然尊敬您,可是我們如何信任你講的課呢?

(The room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable.)

(教室裏一片寂靜。教授瞪眼看著學生,他一臉迷惑。)

Professor: I guess you’ll have to take them on faith, son.

教授:我猜想你們隻能對我的課抱有信仰,孩子。

Student : That is it sir … Exactly ! The link between man & GOD is FAITH. That is all that keeps things alive and moving.

學生:這就對,先生,太對了。人和上帝之間的聯係是信仰。有了信仰所有東西都活了,都在運動。

所有跟帖: 

雞跟鴨講! -申公豹- 給 申公豹 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/10/2014 postreply 13:56:26

一點也不妙,學生的辯論缺少基本邏輯,教授可輕易戳穿 -日理萬機- 給 日理萬機 發送悄悄話 (94 bytes) () 02/10/2014 postreply 16:28:23

x2! -野性- 給 野性 發送悄悄話 野性 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/11/2014 postreply 09:15:16

上帝有三個屬性:全能的、公義的、可理解的。任何兩個屬性都與第三個屬性矛盾 -行人Y- 給 行人Y 發送悄悄話 行人Y 的博客首頁 (46 bytes) () 02/11/2014 postreply 06:59:36

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!