吃在多彩多姿的Santa Fe - 第三天(圖)

來源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-04-18 11:58:01 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (6764 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ Gardenia_On_The_Bay ] 在 2012-04-18 12:05:57 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

On the third full day here (April 6), we spent the bulk of the time visiting the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and explored a short stretch of the Canyon Road with the time left of the day. As in our first two days, even the air in Santa Fe was saturated with vibrant, rich and warm colors!

Being a loyal Marriott member, we stayed in the Residence Inn Santa Fe by Marriott. The tree in front of our room was not quite in full bloom yet when we got out of the door in the morning..This would change in the days to come..

Both my hu*****and and I love Georgia O'Keeffe
's works. So we were quite looking forward to the Museum.. On the way there, we passed the Georgia O'Keeffe Research Center..

One of my favorite paintings from her, the Black Hollyhock blue..

This image from the web does not do justice to the original the color of which is so much richer and more in depth.

We strolled back to the Plaza after visiting the Museum and decided on The Shed for a late lunch. As it claims on the big sign outside the restaurant, it prizes itself on creative interpretation of the New Mexican cuisine.

It was seemingly a popular destination, since we were told that there would be a half hour wait.. While waiting for the seating, I wandered off to a nearby courtyard that houses quite a few shops.. The second floor had a very quaint feel with its squeaky wooden floor..

By the time we walked through the courtyard of The Shed and were seated, it was already close to 2:30pm..

Fitting for its New Mexican heritage, The Shed's inside was very warm in colors...

A close shot of the ceiling..

Given almost everyone has something to do with art in Santa Fe, it's not surprising that the walls are decorated with original art works..

Now the lunch.. We started with the house guacamole, salsa and chips..

I typically don't like enchiladas but decided to give it a try this time. So I ordered the Chicken Enchilada Plate with both red and green chile.

I was not disappointed, perhaps the best enchilada I had ever eaten. Both chile were exceptional, and the portion was handsome as well.

My hu*****and ordered a Carne Adovada Plate, which was essentially half of my order plus slow-roasted lean pork marinated with The Shed's special sauce. Too bad I forgot to take a picture before he devoured it :-(.

The kids ordered from the Kids Menu - cheese quesedilla for my son and grilled cheese sandwich for my daughter..

We decided to go to Canyon Road after the lunch. Canyon Road is home to numerous art gallereies, and it would be a feast for the eye..We were attracted by this old door on our way there..

We've spotted many unique and interesting doors in Santa Fe so much so that my hu*****and has plan to have a blog dedicated to the doors of Santa Fe!

We were only able to walk a small stretch of the Canyon Road given that most galleries closed by 6pm.. On our way back to the parking lot, we took a short cut and encountered this beautiful and sunny yellow that was heart melting..

I think this beautiful color was a very fitting closure to another day in Santa Fe..

Thank you for reading.

請在這閱讀我的更多的博客文章

- 聖達菲之行 (二) (Picture)

- 吃在Santa Fe - 第二天(圖)

- 膽大的兒女,膽小的媽媽 (Picture)

- 吃在Santa Fe - 第一天(圖)

- 小小畫家畫廊(Part II)

所有跟帖: 

第三天吃的不多,但有幾張真人照,故此一發:-) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 12:00:57

第二天的就不發了。有興趣的MM請進來。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 12:02:29

Here it is.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (134 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 12:03:40

花很漂亮,boy很cute -勿思- 給 勿思 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 12:27:48

嗯,黃得讓人心醉。boy is always cute:-). 多謝 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 13:24:33

鞋很美,這身打扮挺適合你,換雙鞋就好了 -cocopuff- 給 cocopuff 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 16:43:55

多謝。在舒服和美麗之間,選擇了舒服:-) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 16:51:09

I mean 照片很美... -cocopuff- 給 cocopuff 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 17:51:19

I thought so..:-) -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 17:57:47

顏色真美!很酷的包包造型,是不是走路起來還會在大腿上打拍子啊:P -yaohong- 給 yaohong 發送悄悄話 yaohong 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 20:04:16

這個是我出門旅行拖兒帶女的包:-)。lots of -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (86 bytes) () 04/18/2012 postreply 21:18:20

挺喜歡你的包:)就是STRAP長了點?進來看-- -bambooseven- 給 bambooseven 發送悄悄話 bambooseven 的博客首頁 (191 bytes) () 04/19/2012 postreply 10:59:28

Yes! 按我LG 的說法,她是一個當芝無愧的 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (51 bytes) () 04/19/2012 postreply 14:04:33

他們好像沒有結婚。終生愛人。讓我查查去。他拍的她美極了。 -bambooseven- 給 bambooseven 發送悄悄話 bambooseven 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/19/2012 postreply 14:18:39

他們有結婚。這是我在她的museum 看了片子 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 給 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 發送悄悄話 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首頁 (10 bytes) () 04/19/2012 postreply 15:32:02

good to know:)they seem to be soul mates~ -bambooseven- 給 bambooseven 發送悄悄話 bambooseven 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 04/19/2012 postreply 16:47:45

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”