我吃了一隻蒼蠅

本文內容已被 [ zhang3feng ] 在 2010-09-28 08:04:20 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

There was this woman. Let’s call her Fiona.

At the time I was working on a long story, and Fiona was one of the most avid readers. Right after I posted one chapter, she would read it and post her comments. When I worked on a chapter until midnight during the weekend, she suddenly poped up in MSN messenger, and demanded to see the chapter.

"I only finished a draft, and I am still changing it." I said.

"I want to see it -- right now." She said.

So I emailed her my draft before it was finalized.

"Each time I read the story I cried. Then I read more and cried more." She said.

This sounded very affected. I was flattered, but I did not think my writing was that good.

"My father was reading the story too." She said.

I was very impressed. Her father must be about sixty years old. Most chinese of that generation studied Russian, not English.

She asked me many questions: my life in general, my family members, and my love life. In return she gave me many of her information too. She was working on a story of her own, about her first love, some other men in her life, and her advernture to America. Her story was very dramatic, and attracted many readers in the web.

I gave her my address and phone number, and invited her to visit me when she visit New York City.

I asked her where she was living, but she would not tell me. I asked for her phone number, she would not tell me either.

"I am having a cold, and can not talk over the phone." She said.

She did visit New York once. Or at least that was what she told me. She said her cousin lived in New York City, and she was staying with her cousin. She wanted to call me so we could have dinner together, but somehow she did not make the call. Happy I was; disappointed I was not. In my heart I felt that she was not serious about meeting me, since she would not even tell me her phone number or where she lived. Who gave a shit about that anyways?

"Many people sent me emails about my stories." I told her.

Which roused her interest. She eagerly inquired about those emails. Then something weird happened. A woman sent me emails offering to have one night stand with me. This was very out of the ordinary. When I asked her where she lived, she preferred not to tell me that; when I asked her for her phone number, she did not want to tell me that either. At the time I was talking to this strange woman, I was also talking to Fiona on line. Fiona said she was going home from school, and logged off line. Then this strange woman said she had to get off line to take care of her daughter.

This whole thing left an eerie feeling on me. Somehow I felt that this woman who offered me one night stand was Fiona. Was she so bored that she would do this to me?

"I am missing you, and I can not sleep." One night she told me.

"Come to visit me then." I said.

She said, "I will get green card first. Then I will go to meet you."

This was very hard to believe. She was ten years younger than me. Why would she want to meet me, when she did not need my help to get a green card?

One night we talked on line for a while. We talked about the story I was working on, and her story. She said she was going to finish her story soon, and I would be included in her story.

"What are you going to say about me?" I said.

"How would you feel, If I tell you that I have just been playing you all along?" She said.

A feeling of disgust rushed up from my stomach to my throat. I could smell something fishy in my throat, ready to burst out of my mouth and onto the keyboard of my computer. I turned off the computer and tried to calm myself down.

I was going back to China for Chinese New Year.

She emailed me, "Have a nice trip. Have a happy new year." I thanked her. That was a very nice gesture.

We met online once when I was in China. She seemed to be working very hard on something.

"So are we going to meet after I go back to the States?" I asked, recalling what she said to me.

"We are not going to meet. I met another man." She said.

I felt very bad. Deep in my mind, I knew she had been playing me for a fool. All the same, it was hard to finally taste reality. I logged off my MSN messenger. She even had the guts to send me an email,

"Life is just like that. You do not get what you want."

I read the email several times, and almost vomitted. I felt that I just swallowed a fly. How could one human being be so mean toward another human being? It brought to my mind what the king of Brobdingnag said about Jonathan Swift's fellow Europeans, "I cannot but conclude that the bulk of your natives to be the most pernicious race of little odious vermin that nature ever suffered to crawl upon the surface of the earth."

所有跟帖: 

Yes. Life is not fair in many ways, 特別是男女之間 -悠悠08- 給 悠悠08 發送悄悄話 悠悠08 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 19:19:29

Agree. -咖啡屋的角落- 給 咖啡屋的角落 發送悄悄話 咖啡屋的角落 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 20:02:41

至少你們沒有發展到很深的地步 -好看?- 給 好看? 發送悄悄話 好看? 的博客首頁 (116 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 19:36:21

Agree. -咖啡屋的角落- 給 咖啡屋的角落 發送悄悄話 咖啡屋的角落 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 20:03:25

you luck! you haven't started relationship yet -runner3003- 給 runner3003 發送悄悄話 runner3003 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 05/04/2009 postreply 22:13:09

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!