The Reader by Bernhard Schlink (圖)

來源: return_of_atlantis 2009-02-25 19:39:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (2118 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ return_of_atlantis ] 在 2010-09-28 08:04:20 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.

Read the book first, then watched the movie. A very sad story, though I love the writer's style of story telling. I liked the book more, somehow it felt more humane, and more sensual. Excerpts: As the days grew longer, I read longer, so that I could be in bed with her in the twilight. When she had fallen asleep lying on me, and the saw in the yard was quiet, and a blackbird was singing as the colors of things in the kitchen dimmed until nothing remained of them but lighter and darker shades of gray, I was completely happy. (p.43) After Hanna left the city, it took a while before I stopped watching for her everywhere, before I got used to the fact that afternoons had lost their shape, and before I could look at books and open them without asking myself whether they were suitable for reading aloud. It took a while before my body stopped yearning for hers; sometimes I myself was aware of my arms and legs groping for her in my sleep, and my brother reported more than once at table that I had called out "Hanna" in the night. I can also remember classes at school when I did nothing but dream of her, think of her. The feeling of guilt that had tortured me in the first weeks gradually faded. I avoided her building, took other routes, and six months later my family moved to another part of town. It wasn't that I forgot Hanna. But at a certain point the memory of her stopped accompanying me wherever I went. She stayed behind, the way a city stays behind as a train pulls out of the station. It's there, somewhere behind you, and you could go back and make sure of it. But why should you? (p.87) ......I also knew that my desire had fixed on her without her being the object. It was the desire to come home. (p.211) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ It was a good book to read, when you don't mind shedding tears. Will go on reading Revolutionary Road. The movie got so much of my tears I don't think I can read the book in public. :D

所有跟帖: 

很怕看讓人落淚的書和電影. -fpxjz- 給 fpxjz 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2009 postreply 19:48:46

我不怕,不過一般不看第二遍,所以買了也隻是收藏 -return_of_atlantis- 給 return_of_atlantis 發送悄悄話 return_of_atlantis 的博客首頁 (124 bytes) () 02/25/2009 postreply 19:59:56

佩服,我太脆弱了,寧可看late night talk show,也絕不看不逗樂的電影。 -fpxjz- 給 fpxjz 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2009 postreply 20:06:45

:) night~ -return_of_atlantis- 給 return_of_atlantis 發送悄悄話 return_of_atlantis 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2009 postreply 20:10:13

The acting was great. A very sad story -清花瓷- 給 清花瓷 發送悄悄話 清花瓷 的博客首頁 (0 bytes) () 02/25/2009 postreply 23:30:26

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”