My translation in English inside:

來源: xia23 2023-02-04 07:32:20 [] [博客] [舊帖] [給我悄悄話] 本文已被閱讀: 次 (1764 bytes)
本文內容已被 [ xia23 ] 在 2023-02-05 06:07:02 編輯過。如有問題,請報告版主或論壇管理刪除.
回答: 語言是什麽?berlinsky2023-02-03 18:32:14

I have tried to translate the sentence into English.

The original German is: 

Die Sprache ist gleichsam die äußerliche Erscheinung des Geistes* der Völker**; ihre Sprache ist ihr Geist und ihr Geist ihre Sprache; man kann sich beide nie identisch genug denken.                                         

* single, genetive.

** plural, genetive.

"Goolge translate" translated the sentence into English as the following:

The language is, so to speak, the external manifestation of the spirit of the people; their language is their mind and their mind their language; one can never imagine the two identical enough.

I have tried to translate the sentence into:

The language is, as it were,  the appearance of the mind of the people. Their language is their mind and their mind is their language; people could never imagine enough that  two languages are identical.

"Geist" is translated into “mind”.

"die äußerliche Erscheinung”  could be translated into “appearance” in p. 1322 In Harper Collins German Unabridged Dictionary (5th edition, Collins, NY, 2004).

"ihre Sprache ist ihr Geist und ihr Geist ihre Sprache" is translated into “Their language is their mind and their mind is their language".

Hope people who know German could correct my translation and people who use English could correct my English.

Thank you.

所有跟帖: 

德語轉英語,高級,高人! -燕然山- 給 燕然山 發送悄悄話 (0 bytes) () 02/04/2023 postreply 16:39:03

謝謝。向您道歉。 -xia23- 給 xia23 發送悄悄話 xia23 的博客首頁 (324 bytes) () 02/05/2023 postreply 05:51:43

請您先登陸,再發跟帖!

發現Adblock插件

如要繼續瀏覽
請支持本站 請務必在本站關閉/移除任何Adblock

關閉Adblock後 請點擊

請參考如何關閉Adblock/Adblock plus

安裝Adblock plus用戶請點擊瀏覽器圖標
選擇“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安裝Adblock用戶請點擊圖標
選擇“don't run on pages on this domain”